Extremely impressed with the new staff on the recruiting trail

3 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

So are the Nebraska coaches still recruiting at night now that they are in Orlando?  I still wouldn't have minded keeping a guy like Keith Wiiliams who was a solid recruiter and maybe a couple of new non-UCF defensive staff members.  They'd be able to stay on the recruiting trail 24/7.

They’re coaching during the day and recruiting at night, Frost flew across the country to in home with Martinez.

• Plus1 1

On 12/4/2017 at 8:05 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

What’s the question about?  He is a stud dual-threat QB who is currently committed to Tennessee. Are you worried he’s related to Taylor?

At first I was worried he was related to Taylor....the thought of another child being allowed to throw like Taylor terrifies me. I just cant imagine allowing my son to have that awful of a throwing motion. Its borderline child abuse.

On 12/12/2017 at 1:56 PM, Nebfanatic said:

Ehhh, I wouldn't go that far. Frost would be a little to blame if we don't finish with the #1 class in the west. Our star rating is higher than the rest of the west and we have more 4 stars than any other team, we just lack the number of commits. I expect Frost to finish around 30 or so and atop our division. If he can't do that it is still mostly on Riley but that is also a failure for Frost.

giphy.gif

Let's give the guy a bit of a break.

• Plus1 6

If we are comparing apples to oranges, I guess all applies here.  Seriously though, Riley didn't rrecruit B1G talent.  He was recruiting Pac 12 talent and trying to make them B1G players.  No matter.  Systems are systems.  With any system, you need players with speed.  We haven't had speed on this campus for years.  When we play the Top 15 teams in the nation, we get beat because we don't have comparable speed on both sides of the ball.  This is all about to change.  Frosty is recruiting speed and athletes who have speed.  Coaches can find a spot for a player who can fly.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Get over it. 

6 hours ago, billdozer15 said:

At first I was worried he was related to Taylor....the thought of another child being allowed to throw like Taylor terrifies me. I just cant imagine allowing my son to have that awful of a throwing motion. Its borderline child abuse.

If  either of my sons (or daughter) gets free tuition, room and board, and a BMOC card at a Division I school, I couldn't care less about the throwing motion, swim stroke, volleyball serve, etc.  Denying them that opportunity because "I (a person that doesn't matter in the formula) thinks it looks silly" sounds more like "abuse" to me.

Edited by funhusker

28 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

If we are comparing apples to oranges, I guess all applies here.  Seriously though, Riley didn't rrecruit B1G talent.  He was recruiting Pac 12 talent and trying to make them B1G players.  No matter.  Systems are systems.  With any system, you need players with speed.  We haven't had speed on this campus for years.  When we play the Top 15 teams in the nation, we get beat because we don't have comparable speed on both sides of the ball.  This is all about to change.  Frosty is recruiting speed and athletes who have speed.  Coaches can find a spot for a player who can fly.

I think it it has more to do with metal melt-downs, and Diaco riddles.

Aside from that- I do agree with everything you’re saying.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

giphy.gif

Let's give the guy a bit of a break.

I don't see why we can't have the number 1 class in the west. Our star rating and number of 4 stars is already more than any other team. He literally just has to fill the class and we will accomplish the top class in the west most likely so i dont understand why its so far fetched. And yes I would consider not filling out the class and finishing behind Minnesota a disappointment. We had the number 1 class in the west on Rileys transition. Why are we giving Frost a pass if he doesn't fill the class? We sure didn't afford Riley one for the same thing. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

That doesn't jive at all with the fact so many players in MR's last two classes had multiple BIG offers?   

Tyjon Lindsey's shuttle time in the sparq challenge would have been the 2nd fastest in the nfl combines.  Seems we do have speed and since he was also originally committed to Ohio State, we have B1G players as well.  The last two classes were full of them based on the number of other B1G offers.

27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't see why we can't have the number 1 class in the west. Our star rating and number of 4 stars is already more than any other team. He literally just has to fill the class and we will accomplish the top class in the west most likely so i dont understand why its so far fetched. And yes I would consider not filling out the class and finishing behind Minnesota a disappointment. We had the number 1 class in the west on Rileys transition. Why are we giving Frost a pass if he doesn't fill the class? We sure didn't afford Riley one for the same thing. 

For me, this isn't a 'Frost is our guy so I'm going to give him a pass' argument.

I believe all we can hope for is him doing the best to his abilities... given that he's a new coach trying to salvage a class while simultaneously upholding a commitment to his former team. It's not an ideal situation but saying he would deserve 'blame' for failing to be #1 in the west just rubs me the wrong way. Each to his own.

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

For me, this isn't a 'Frost is our guy so I'm going to give him a pass' argument.

I believe all we can hope for is him doing the best to his abilities... given that he's a new coach trying to salvage a class while simultaneously upholding a commitment to his former team. It's not an ideal situation but saying he would deserve 'blame' for failing to be #1 in the west just rubs me the wrong way. Each to his own.

I never said he deserved all of the blame, I'm just saying we have been number 1 in the west every year since we joined the league so if he wasn't able to do so, which would literally mean just filling up the class with decent 3 star guys, then that is a bit of a disappointment. He really doesn't have to do much, just perform at the same level as his predecessors. Is that really asking too much? 

And I should be clear I don't want to take the pitchforks to Frost if he doesn't accomplish it, but that should be a realistic expectation 

Edited by Nebfanatic