Nebrasketball Game #10- #14 Minnesota (Tuesday, December 5: 8:00 BTN)

On 12/6/2017 at 6:01 AM, Bornhusker said:

I have been an NU basketball fan since the 70's, so don't give me the excuse "NU has always been bad".

You are right we had a 5 year stretch  - so in 40 years of you watching BB you should know not to expect much.  Making the dance is not horrible.  Maybe we were horrible on day 1 and day 1,500 but we had a nice run in there somewhere.  We also have a record this year that isn't horrible.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

You are right we had a 5 year stretch  - so in 40 years of you watching BB you should know not to expect much.  Making the dance is not horrible.  Maybe we were horrible on day 1 and day 1,500 but we had a nice run in there somewhere.  We also have a record this year that isn't horrible.

yeah, we had years that were good, but nothing sustained. I expect more than what we have gotten. Just because there are more bad than good, that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect better.. it happens, so that proves it can be done. We just need someone that can do it consistently... So far, we have not gotten the guy.

We are 7-3 going into the Creighton game, last year 6-3. 2015 we were 7-3 going into the Creighton game, 2014 6-1... Guess what our final record was each year?

Let's just leave it at not good.

25 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

yeah, we had years that were good, but nothing sustained. I expect more than what we have gotten. Just because there are more bad than good, that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect better.. it happens, so that proves it can be done. We just need someone that can do it consistently... So far, we have not gotten the guy.

We are 7-3 going into the Creighton game, last year 6-3. 2015 we were 7-3 going into the Creighton game, 2014 6-1... Guess what our final record was each year?

Let's just leave it at not good.

All is true - however nothing you stated in this post is horrible.  NU currently has similar talent to the better days of danny nee - let's hope the team can continue to gel and take it to the next level.

12 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

All is true - however nothing you stated in this post is horrible.  NU currently has similar talent to the better days of danny nee - let's hope the team can continue to gel and take it to the next level.

horrible is how each year, except one, has been under Miles... I have hoped for things to gel every year, but it hasn't. This year, not hoping, but I will be the fan I have always been... just more vocal.

The fact that TM's contract has not been extended shows where the last AD was with Tim.  I'm guessing that Moos has less to think about regarding football and will pay a lot of attention to the basketball team over the next 3 months.  Let's hope that the current team plays to their talent level and we continue to bring on a couple high level players for the next class.  If TM turns the corner and has a year at or above his best season he will probably get more time - if not then i'm sure our current AD has a plan.  

13 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

The fact that TM's contract has not been extended shows where the last AD was with Tim.  I'm guessing that Moos has less to think about regarding football and will pay a lot of attention to the basketball team over the next 3 months.  Let's hope that the current team plays to their talent level and we continue to bring on a couple high level players for the next class.  If TM turns the corner and has a year at or above his best season he will probably get more time - if not then i'm sure our current AD has a plan.  

Myself, I am done with Tim Miles.. it doesn't take 6-7 years to turn NU into a better bball school. Basketball is totally different than football! I will always support the team, though.

Hey i get it that you have checked out on TM and that is a valid decision.  I also agree that bball is different then football and the turnaround can be much quicker because for a couple reasons.  However,  history would say that it takes much longer than 6 years to turn around NU bball.  It has been about 20 years since we were solid for back to back seasons - most of those years had nothing to do with TM.  We have talent and this team will move forward with the help of TM. 

Edited by GBRFAN
  • 2 weeks later...