Sign in to follow this  
seaofred92

Nebrasketball Game #10- #14 Minnesota (Tuesday, December 5: 8:00 BTN)

GSG    5,897
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Nice win...I didn't get to watch it all but after about the first 10 minutes it really looked like NU was ready to play.

Minnesota couldn't handle the variety of double teams in the post. It really threw them off. It also didn't hurt that NU was shooting well.

GSG    5,897
Just now, Big red surfers said:

Great game last night.  This team definitely has a jekyll n Hyde to it.  

That's probably the best description for them. The NU team from last night was not the same team from Sunday in East Lansing.

Side note: Sparty looked pretty bad for most of their game at Buttgers last night. Maybe they're a little Jekyll/Hyde-ish as well

Bornhusker    62
3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

My advice to you is if they are so bad just not watch them!

No need for the advice, been watching husker bball for many many years.. That is what is called being a husker fan!

If I had to bet, probably longer than you have been alive.. just a guess, I could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

No need for the advice, been watching husker bball for many many years.. That is what is called being a husker fan!

If I had to bet, probably longer than you have been alive.. just a guess, I could be wrong.

I had season tickets during Danny Nee & Doc and I will argue this is the best overall talent.   Being a past coach of the game, I will also argue that the longer they play together the better they will get.  It is Miles fault for trying to win in a hurry and recruiting transfers that were one & done.  This hurt any continuity of the team.

19 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

You are wrong!  And If I had to bet, you probably have never wore a joke strap in your life!

Bornhusker    62
2 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I had season tickets during Danny Nee & Doc and I will argue this is the best overall talent.   Being a past coach of the game, I will also argue that the longer they play together the better they will get.  It is Miles fault for trying to win in a hurry and recruiting transfers that were one & done.  This hurt any continuity of the team.

Let's make a $20 wager.. I say NU will have roughly the same record as last year, meaning bottom half of the league with an overall record of around .500

Also, go look over Miles coaching career... Just like Riley, Miles is a .500-.600 coach.

You better believe it was his fault, which was a bad coaching decision. You can argue his best talent, but that doesn't mean jack considering what we have had.

Why the animosity? I played all sports... running back, had bad knees or I would have played D1, ran track (10.6 100 meters), and I played basketball.. Oh and I coached bball for a number of years.. big deal!

Edited by Bornhusker

Bornhusker    62
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've been a Nebraska fan since the Joe Cipriano era.

They've never been good. For any coach.

What does it all mean?

Moe Iba had some decent teams and he still ended up at .600

To me, it means NU has never been serious about Basketball.

GBRFAN    457
On 12/6/2017 at 6:01 AM, Bornhusker said:

I have been an NU basketball fan since the 70's, so don't give me the excuse "NU has always been bad".

You are right we had a 5 year stretch  - so in 40 years of you watching BB you should know not to expect much.  Making the dance is not horrible.  Maybe we were horrible on day 1 and day 1,500 but we had a nice run in there somewhere.  We also have a record this year that isn't horrible.

Bornhusker    62
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

You are right we had a 5 year stretch  - so in 40 years of you watching BB you should know not to expect much.  Making the dance is not horrible.  Maybe we were horrible on day 1 and day 1,500 but we had a nice run in there somewhere.  We also have a record this year that isn't horrible.

yeah, we had years that were good, but nothing sustained. I expect more than what we have gotten. Just because there are more bad than good, that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect better.. it happens, so that proves it can be done. We just need someone that can do it consistently... So far, we have not gotten the guy.

We are 7-3 going into the Creighton game, last year 6-3. 2015 we were 7-3 going into the Creighton game, 2014 6-1... Guess what our final record was each year?

Let's just leave it at not good.

GBRFAN    457
25 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

yeah, we had years that were good, but nothing sustained. I expect more than what we have gotten. Just because there are more bad than good, that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect better.. it happens, so that proves it can be done. We just need someone that can do it consistently... So far, we have not gotten the guy.

We are 7-3 going into the Creighton game, last year 6-3. 2015 we were 7-3 going into the Creighton game, 2014 6-1... Guess what our final record was each year?

Let's just leave it at not good.

All is true - however nothing you stated in this post is horrible.  NU currently has similar talent to the better days of danny nee - let's hope the team can continue to gel and take it to the next level.

Bornhusker    62
12 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

All is true - however nothing you stated in this post is horrible.  NU currently has similar talent to the better days of danny nee - let's hope the team can continue to gel and take it to the next level.

horrible is how each year, except one, has been under Miles... I have hoped for things to gel every year, but it hasn't. This year, not hoping, but I will be the fan I have always been... just more vocal.

Guy Chamberlin    4,007
6 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

To me, it means NU has never been serious about Basketball.

Funny  how the topic never came up when we were scouring the country for a new Athletic Director. 

Which means you are right.

We have exactly the basketball program we asked for. 

GBRFAN    457

The fact that TM's contract has not been extended shows where the last AD was with Tim.  I'm guessing that Moos has less to think about regarding football and will pay a lot of attention to the basketball team over the next 3 months.  Let's hope that the current team plays to their talent level and we continue to bring on a couple high level players for the next class.  If TM turns the corner and has a year at or above his best season he will probably get more time - if not then i'm sure our current AD has a plan.  

Bornhusker    62
13 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

The fact that TM's contract has not been extended shows where the last AD was with Tim.  I'm guessing that Moos has less to think about regarding football and will pay a lot of attention to the basketball team over the next 3 months.  Let's hope that the current team plays to their talent level and we continue to bring on a couple high level players for the next class.  If TM turns the corner and has a year at or above his best season he will probably get more time - if not then i'm sure our current AD has a plan.  

Myself, I am done with Tim Miles.. it doesn't take 6-7 years to turn NU into a better bball school. Basketball is totally different than football! I will always support the team, though.

GBRFAN    457

Hey i get it that you have checked out on TM and that is a valid decision.  I also agree that bball is different then football and the turnaround can be much quicker because for a couple reasons.  However,  history would say that it takes much longer than 6 years to turn around NU bball.  It has been about 20 years since we were solid for back to back seasons - most of those years had nothing to do with TM.  We have talent and this team will move forward with the help of TM. 

Edited by GBRFAN