3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Personally, I have some concerns about Frost coaching the Peach Bowl as an outsider looking in on that situation.

Charles Davis brought up a good point on USC yesterday when he said he felt Frost should not coach that game. Davis referenced a previous (Duke?) coach who left to take a new job but decided to come back to do that bowl game. During that game, the coach had to get after a player a little bit on the sidelines. The player basically gave the coach an up and down saying 'why should I listen to you when you aren't going to be here next year.' It was uncomfortable and the coach said, if given the opportunity, he would never coach in a situation like that again.

Second, much of the fan base, university and players sort of said their goodbyes with the send off in the championship game.

Lastly, Scott's staff has already sent offers to some kids who they previously offered at UCF i.e. they're trying to poach some commits.

Now, I'm not on that team and I'm not Frost. I also heard his justification for why he would try to coach the game. But, after weighing all these things, it sort of seems like a break up where you tell the girl/guy you'll go on one last date even though you've already ended the relationship and will not be coming back. It just feels odd. But, that's from my shoes.

I don't think it's a good idea for Frost to go back to UCF and coach the bowl. However, the entire coaching staff except two guys have already left. How can UCF even play in that game without Frost or at least the assistant coaches returning?

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't think it's a good idea for Frost to go back to UCF and coach the bowl. However, the entire coaching staff except two guys have already left. How can UCF even play in that game without Frost or at least the assistant coaches returning?

I imagine, at a minimum, all of the assistants will return for bowl preparation. I believe they're contractually (or, at the very least, morally) obligated to at this point. The assistants can't contact recruits after the dead period anyways so they'll be able to bowl prep.

11 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I wonder if Heupel will have a say about Frost coming back to coach. If I was Heupel I wouldn't want it as it only draws out the "moving on" period to Heupel's regime. Also, I wouldn't want another coach having his hand in my cookie jar.

I see two sides to this. Heupel won't be able to coach in the bowl game so, on one hand, it doesn't matter much if Frost is there to coach it. However, I do think there is something to be said about the closure and 'drawing it out' issue. That's dependent on how the team, administration, new coach and Scott feel. That's a tough thing to weigh in on if you're Heupel. I'm sure you want your team to play well in the bowl game but you also don't want to extend out that relationship and drag it along. There are lot of things making this situation more awkward than it may have seemed at 8 p.m. Saturday night.

As I eluded to, I think Frost would've been more likely to coach the bowl game if his OC had been retained as the HC. But, since he won't be, it could make it more difficult for Frost to coach it.

18 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I imagine, at a minimum, all of the assistants will return for bowl preparation. I believe they're contractually (or, at the very least, morally) obligated to at this point. The assistants can't contact recruits after the dead period anyways so they'll be able to bowl prep.

I think all the arguments against Frost returning to coach apply to the assistants as well. But what I'm saying is that UCF is over a barrel and can't really just break things off - they need Frost and staff for the bowl game. Whereas, Frost and assistants don't need to go back (although I'm sure they want to), and therefore aren't really concerned about things like offering UCF recruits.

Went to one of their boards, to read how their fans feel.

There is a large contingency of fans who do not want Frost to come back to coach their team. Now that they hired Huepel and a decent DC, they are good with saying so long to Frost.

Tough to get ready for a bowl game without everyone being on same page. I would think the best option would be for Walters to stay until after bowl to lead the team, then if he is following SF here, to come soon after that bowl game. 

Looks like some of our trolling type husker fans, trolled their board to gloat about getting Frost, so most of thier board members are not to keen on Nebraska, Frost, our so called fans (trollers anyway). I don’t blame them. We all dislike trolls who show up here. https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/forums/ucf-fan-forum.8/

I would suspect that Danny White (thier AD) needs to come out and report what is going to happen with bowl prep and game coaching. 

Scott might see a different segment or side of the UCF fans, that he wouldn’t’t care for,  should he coach that game. Tough either way, but maybe let it be and say best to you, thanks and goodbye! :dunno

Edited by TAKODA
Link to UCF board
52 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I see two sides to this. Heupel won't be able to coach in the bowl game so, on one hand, it doesn't matter much if Frost is there to coach it. However, I do think there is something to be said about the closure and 'drawing it out' issue. That's dependent on how the team, administration, new coach and Scott feel. That's a tough thing to weigh in on if you're Heupel. I'm sure you want your team to play well in the bowl game but you also don't want to extend out that relationship and drag it along. There are lot of things making this situation more awkward than it may have seemed at 8 p.m. Saturday night.

As I eluded to, I think Frost would've been more likely to coach the bowl game if his OC had been retained as the HC. But, since he won't be, it could make it more difficult for Frost to coach it.

Now that Walters will not be the head coach I agree the dynamics have changed.  Heupel may want to 'start off on the right foot' with his new team by allowing Scott & Co. to come back and coach the bowl.  However, he may want to bring in his new staff and begin the new era using the bowl game as a kick off.  Frankly, as I'm sure these current players (who include all of the seniors) whom Scott has coached and taken through this entire undefeated season, would love to have Scott &  Co. come back.

When will that decision be made and who will make it?  

13 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Now that Walters will not be the head coach I agree the dynamics have changed.  Heupel may want to 'start off on the right foot' with his new team by allowing Scott & Co. to come back and coach the bowl.  However, he may want to bring in his new staff and begin the new era using the bowl game as a kick off.  Frankly, as I'm sure these current players (who include all of the seniors) whom Scott has coached and taken through this entire undefeated season, would love to have Scott &  Co. come back.

When will that decision be made and who will make it?  

I suppose it could change, but ESPN just scrolled on their ticker that Frost is officially coaching UCF for the Peach Bowl.