Two possible scenarios, both of which depend on which Auburn team shows up:

Scenario 1: Auburn lost the SEC CCG and doesn't care about the bowl game having squandered their chance at getting into the CFP - UCF shows up with chip on their shoulder losing coach and being disrespected so they play with fire and keep it close, maybe even winning the game.

Scenario 2: Auburn lost the SEC CCG in the same location and newly extended coach/team are fired up for payback and ending the season on a good note - UCF shows up with chip on their shoulder losing coach and being disrespected so they play with fire but Auburn came to play and destroys..parts of Milton found scattered across southern states, T Smith is in concussion protocol until 2048.

Key to this game:  Auburn's DLine vs UCF OLine

#Drumstick will get at least one sack and one interception in this game...

Don't get me wrong I hope UCF wins and ends the season undefeated but this is not USF/Memphis...Auburn is one of the big boys and has played the #1 team three times (beat UGA/Bama, lost to Clemson OOC) and won twice this year so we will see what 12-0 in AAC land means.  Good luck Knights!

• Plus1 1

Personally, I have some concerns about Frost coaching the Peach Bowl as an outsider looking in on that situation.

Charles Davis brought up a good point on USC yesterday when he said he felt Frost should not coach that game. Davis referenced a previous (Duke?) coach who left to take a new job but decided to come back to do that bowl game. During that game, the coach had to get after a player a little bit on the sidelines. The player basically gave the coach an up and down saying 'why should I listen to you when you aren't going to be here next year.' It was uncomfortable and the coach said, if given the opportunity, he would never coach in a situation like that again.

Second, much of the fan base, university and players sort of said their goodbyes with the send off in the championship game.

Lastly, Scott's staff has already sent offers to some kids who they previously offered at UCF i.e. they're trying to poach some commits.

Now, I'm not on that team and I'm not Frost. I also heard his justification for why he would try to coach the game. But, after weighing all these things, it sort of seems like a break up where you tell the girl/guy you'll go on one last date even though you've already ended the relationship and will not be coming back. It just feels odd. But, that's from my shoes.

• Plus1 6
17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Personally, I have some concerns about Frost coaching the Peach Bowl as an outsider looking in on that situation.

Charles Davis brought up a good point on USC yesterday when he said he felt Frost should not coach that game. Davis referenced a previous (Duke?) coach who left to take a new job but decided to come back to do that bowl game. During that game, the coach had to get after a player a little bit on the sidelines. The player basically gave the coach an up and down saying 'why should I listen to you when you aren't going to be here next year.' It was uncomfortable and the coach said, if given the opportunity, he would never coach in a situation like that again.

Second, much of the fan base, university and players sort of said their goodbyes with the send off in the championship game.

Lastly, Scott's staff has already sent offers to some kids who they previously offered at UCF i.e. they're trying to poach some commits.

Now, I'm not on that team and I'm not Frost. I also heard his justification for why he would try to coach the game. But, after weighing all these things, it sort of seems like a break up where you tell the girl/guy you'll go on one last date even though you've already ended the relationship and will not be coming back. It just feels odd. But, that's from my shoes.

Good point(s).

I feel that it’s a gamble.  If UCF wins, it’ll be a good thing that he coached it.  If UCF gets spanked/embarrassed, it’ll be a bad thing for him to coach it; just my opinion.

I just hope they can keep it close, within spread.  

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I have to agree. I like the idea that it would give Nebraska exposure for 3 hours on TV but at the end of the day it just doesn't seem like a good idea anymore. At this point it seems best if the interim coach or the new coach, they certainly will have one this week sometime coaches the bowl game.  With Frost offering current UCF commits just seems more awkward by the minute, and UCF fans are some salty characters. Danny White has got to be taking some heat right now.

4 minutes ago, Horace said:

I have to agree. I like the idea that it would give Nebraska exposure for 3 hours on TV but at the end of the day it just doesn't seem like a good idea anymore. At this point it seems best if the interim coach or the new coach, they certainly will have one this week sometime coaches the bowl game.  With Frost offering current UCF commits just seems more awkward by the minute, and UCF fans are some salty characters. Danny White has got to be taking some heat right now.

Precisely. I think it's very admirable and respectable to want to coach that game for the players at UCF. On paper, it seems like the right thing to do. But, when you start weighing all the factors (like we've mentioned) it starts to get more awkward with each passing day. It could end up doing harm. Just speaking from my shoes - I would prefer a clean break as a UCF fan.

Part of me wonders if he's secretly hoping his OC gets the head coaching job and coaches in the game. That might make it easier to say 'you know what, they're in pretty good hands.' I imagine the OC would be interim HC anyways but I don't know if they've made that call yet.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Precisely. I think it's very admirable and respectable to want to coach that game for the players at UCF. On paper, it seems like the right thing to do. But, when you start weighing all the factors (like we've mentioned) it starts to get more awkward with each passing day. It could end up doing harm. Just speaking from my shoes - I would prefer a clean break as a UCF fan.

Part of me wonders if he's secretly hoping his OC gets the head coaching job and coaches in the game. That might make it easier to say 'you know what, they're in pretty good hands.' I imagine the OC would be interim HC anyways but I don't know if they've made that call yet.

UCF just made it official. Hired Josh Heupel. Wonder is Walters is coming to Nebraska now.