Charlie Mcbride podcast on Big Red Cobcast

I.M. OLD

One of the less interesting tidbits was Frost asked McBride to talk to his team in August. McBride was busy and when he suggested TO, Frost was hesitant since he thought TO was probably busy and didn't want to bother him.

The way Diaco sidelined the assistants and didn't allow individual group coaching of fundamentals is nuts. Diaco's coaching leaving the assistants confused is not surprising. I wonder how long Diaco keeps coaching before he exits via the FCS ranks.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

All in all, seems like the past three years were a waste of time, resources, and (most importantly) these kids' ability. 

Absolutely. I think it hurts our program's reputation too. Knowing that if you come to Nebraska you'll get top notch coaching should always be one of our draws.  Recruits know that the current coach may not be the one they finish their career with. Having confidence that the school will hire a solid replacement would help. Hopefully Frost works out for the long term and this is forgotten.

Just now, 4skers89 said:

FIFY. You might be mislabeling some good coaches.

No wonder the defensive assistants wanted nothing to do with Disco Bob.

How did Eichorst think that Diaco was the best coach at the University?  I would really be interested in hearing Eichorst's go into detail on what he did at NU.

Just now, Mavric said:

I've been saying for awhile that after the previous staff was gone, we were going to hear more stories of how completely dysfunctional they were as a group, adding the the couple of stories that had already leaked about Banker.

And here we are.

And I am going to enjoy every story that comes out.  Hearing this inside information, even after the fact is so interesting to hear.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

9:28: McBride asks Riley why the scout team defensive players weren't actively trying to strip the ball from the offensive players during practice. Riley's reply was "I'll have to look into that" :facepalm:

10:15: McBride asks Cavanaugh why he only played five offensive linemen during games: "Because I only get five guys ready to play" says Cavanaugh, which McBride links to the Pro mentality of coaching 

Un-*******-believable. Seriously.

This goes back to the assumption that I put together as this season unfolded - It was a top-to-bottom deficiency of both work effort and focus on competition.

I grow tired of having so many discussions on this board revolve back to a comparison against our program to the nineties, as their are umpteen other great examples to compare against...but just get your head around all of this. This is nothing like the program that McBride & Tenopir were involved with. 

A complete failure to compete.

• Plus1 4