Tre Bryant

HIHusker

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Here is an article after a press conference after the Oregon game.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/11/16289138/mike-riley-post-oregon-news-conference-tre-bryant-has-old-knees

Riley's comments are that Bryant's bad knee is older than his age, and something that he's had since he arrived at NU.  You may not believe Riley, but it sounds like an issue that's been on-going for a couple years.  Bryant was limited in preseason camp, and sounds like his knee swells up after extensive activity.  They are hoping the surgery done in October is able to relieve the knee pain issue.

tumblr_oej40abxKG1slj24go1_500.gif

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

Now it's people? Not just Riley?

Ok, good to know that Riley is more than one person

You don't think Riley is relaying information from what his training staff are saying?  You are nit picking about comments in here, and it sounds like you aren't going to be happy with anyone's comments except ones that agree with you.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The concern with Wilbon is he's not a game changing playmaker, in my opinion. He's been here several years now and he's yet to really excel in the rushing game.

Well that may not necessarily be his fault. Obviously we've had some major coaching issues over the years and that could possibly be something that hindered him. No excuses for him now though. 

I've heard that Bryant's knees are terrible and are knees of a 60 year old or something along those lines. Great player, hopefully we see him come back healthy after that surgery, but I seriously doubt it. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Well that may not necessarily be his fault. Obviously we've had some major coaching issues over the years and that could possibly be something that hindered him. No excuses for him now though. 

I've heard that Bryant's knees are terrible and are knees of a 60 year old or something along those lines. Great player, hopefully we see him come back healthy after that surgery, but I seriously doubt it. 

Sadly, if that's the case, Bryant may have to go on the Adam Taylor Scholarship plan. 

8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The concern with Wilbon is he's not a game changing playmaker, in my opinion. He's been here several years now and he's yet to really excel in the rushing game.

I think he has been demoralized by the offense he's been in. I had a lot of hope for Wilbon until this year. His refusal to block makes it obvious that he is soft and will never be a good back.

I think and hope that it’s entirely possible that Bryant will be back. I’m looking forward to it.

I also think it’s imperative that the staff treat his return as an uncertainty, and that they look to bring in a prep RB and a juco RB. After ‘18, we lose Ozigbo and Wilbon, and while I love Bradley’s potential, if Bryant isn’t able to get back on the field, then that RB position is bleak even with a beast prep RB in this class. If the staff pursues and accepts a commitment from a juco RB, then I think it will say a lot about Bryant’s status going forward. Would love to have him back, but I’d also understand if medically retiring from football might be the best thing for him.

• 1 month later...

On 12/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, Caliborn72 said:

I think and hope that it’s entirely possible that Bryant will be back. I’m looking forward to it.

I also think it’s imperative that the staff treat his return as an uncertainty, and that they look to bring in a prep RB and a juco RB. After ‘18, we lose Ozigbo and Wilbon, and while I love Bradley’s potential, if Bryant isn’t able to get back on the field, then that RB position is bleak even with a beast prep RB in this class. If the staff pursues and accepts a commitment from a juco RB, then I think it will say a lot about Bryant’s status going forward. Would love to have him back, but I’d also understand if medically retiring from football might be the best thing for him.

they have already taken Greg Bell, a juco guy..........i think Bryant is still questionable.

Edited by Hunter94
  • Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

they have already taken Greg Bell, a juco guy..........i think Bryant is still questionable.

Bryant may try to play again, but it is highly unlikely that he can remain on the field.  Someone on the medical staff said he had the knees of a 35 year old and they swell constantly. 

Edited by runningblind
4 hours ago, runningblind said:

Bryant may try to play again, but it is highly unlikely that he can remain on the field.  Someone on the medical staff said he had the knees of a 35 year old and they swell constantly. 

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Which would hinder him playing RB! What is not to understand? :P

Here is Riley talking about his old knees.

Damn, you must be young because I feel ancient after these posts.

• Plus1 1