Political Bias/Knowledge Quiz

16 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Well......this is an actual picture of the place. That’s definitely more than power or heat to run the facility. But it may very well be that it is from generating power from a source other than nuclear. I don’t know that much about it but I do know there is still nuclear material on site because they still have a strong military presence and it requires background checks etc. to even get inside the gate. We did some work on an outbuilding where the guards stay.

121757585.jpg

Actually, I did a little googling and the DOE stores spent nuclear fuel there, about 13% of their total inventory by volume so that would explain why they keep it so secure. They stopped nuclear production in 1989 and it has been recommissioned as a natural gas powered electricity plant so that would explain the steam emissions. So yeah, the guards were likely having a little fun with us. I always get a little nervous when guys are walking around with M16’s and the entrance signs state that use of deadly force is allowed. At that point I’ll believe anything they tell me :lol:

The snow on the ground in that photo also means the cold will make it look like a lot more steam than if you saw it in the summer.

My Bias score was  0.   

However, 7/18 wasn't good on the questions.   So does that make me unbiased but ignorant:o

image.png.7a217b8b0b899e68ef82aa0acc5da120.png

The site notes the following to help us 'deal' with our biases. 

Many people are working hard to reduce the level of bias and animosity in American politics. We especially recommend the anti-bias sites All Sides and Civil Politics, as well as the fact-check sites FactCheck.org and PolitiFact.com. If you want to learn more about your own moral and political views, we recommend this test at YourMorals.org. For those who want to dig deeper, Jonathan Haidt’s book The Righteous Mind on moral and political psychology is warmly recommended.

and this

•  
  • Plus1 1