How Frost Will Succeed In The B10

BIG ERN

I think one of the most overlooked positives of hiring Scott Frost is the type of players he is going to recruit compared to the other teams in the B10. When Nebraska made the switch from the B12 to the B10 we were coming into new recruiting grounds that have been in place for quite sometime with other Midwest schools. I knew when Riley was hired we were going to be in trouble moving to a Pro style offense, and the biggest reason was who we had to compete with to get those recruits. Not only did Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan State have the same offenses when we recruited so hard in California we were getting the leftovers from USC, UCLA, Stanford, and California - again, pro style offenses. We are going back to running a COLLEGE offense which I think is by far the best idea for Nebraska. We no longer have to worry about those teams (for the most part). When you run an offense like we used to run and like Frost does now, it is a lot easier to plug athletes into that you can get from anywhere in the country. I could care less if we ever have a QB that plays in the NFL. I care about The University of Nebraska winning football games. 

This will not be an overnight process, but I know for a fact that we will succeed once again #GBR

• Plus1 6

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I think one of the most overlooked positives of hiring Scott Frost is the type of players he is going to recruit compared to the other teams in the B10. When Nebraska made the switch from the B12 to the B10 we were coming into new recruiting grounds that have been in place for quite sometime with other Midwest schools. I knew when Riley was hired we were going to be in trouble moving to a Pro style offense, and the biggest reason was who we had to compete with to get those recruits. Not only did Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan State have the same offenses when we recruited so hard in California we were getting the leftovers from USC, UCLA, Stanford, and California - again, pro style offenses. We are going back to running a COLLEGE offense which I think is by far the best idea for Nebraska. We no longer have to worry about those teams (for the most part). When you run an offense like we used to run and like Frost does now, it is a lot easier to plug athletes into that you can get from anywhere in the country. I could care less if we ever have a QB that plays in the NFL. I care about The University of Nebraska winning football games. 

This will not be an overnight process, but I know for a fact that we will succeed once again #GBR

Let's hope Frost figures out he needs OL and DL recruits.  Without the maulers he'll have trouble.  He can talk all he wants about going fast, but he better have a DL that can stop the run.