Mike Riley, Ore State Assistant HC .... or not

TGHusker

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

MR provided no value to the Huskers football team. A fool scooped up a career loser, at the end of his career, and handed him a golden parachute. MR didn't even make an effort to improve; he brought most of his sorry OSU crew with him.

Without Mike Riley there is potentially no Scott Frost and still possibly SE.  That's worth a trip to Valuetown, USA if I've ever heard on one.

• Plus1 2

• 1 month later...

Alliance of American Football: The new San Antonio club is expected to name former Cowboy Daryl Johnston their GM and former Oregon State and Nebraska head coach Mike Riley their new head coach tweets Alex Marvez. Riley is currently on staff at Oregon State. The AAF begins play in the Spring.

Link

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Link

It's a little late for an "April Fools" joke. 

This cannot possibly be true, can it????  I am here thinking, what moron would hire Mike Riley to be a head coach again?  And then I read it is former Dallas Cowboy fullback Daryl Johnston.  He must have had multiple concussions from his playing days because only someone with brain damage would hire Mike Riley to be a head coach again.  The guy has been an abysmal failure for practically his entire career.  How do utterly incompetent failures like Riley keep getting hired?  

:facepalm:

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It's a little late for an "April Fools" joke. 

This cannot possibly be true, can it????  I am here thinking, what moron would hire Mike Riley to be a head coach again?  And then I read it is cormer Dallas Cowboy fullback Daryl Johnston.  He must have had multiple concussions from his playing days because only someone with brain damage would hire Mike Riley to be a head coach again.  The guy has been an abysmal failure for practically his entire career.  How do utterly incompetent failures like Riley keep getting hired?  

When you are "nice" you can keep getting gigs even if you suck...

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Redux said:

Can one assume this is an indoor squad?

I think they're planning to play in the Alamo Dome, ie they're playing full-size fields, not a smaller Arena-size fields. Spurrier is supposed to be coaching the Orlando team in this league, and they'll be playing at UCF's stadium.

Of course, all of this assumes that the league actually gets off the ground. Remember when Eric Crouch signed with the All-American Football League, which ended up never playing a single game?

• Mavric changed the title to Mike Riley, Ore State Assistant HC .... or not