Most Wins

Mavric

2 hours ago, jaws said:

I am guessing this doesn't take into account wins that were vacated. OSU would have a few more if some of the players didn't like free tattoos so much and their coach didn't lie about it. I am sure some other schools would have a few more wins as well. I am assuming that Nebraska has never vacated any wins. If they haven't, that is cool to think about. There are a lot of other schools on that list that have.

Are you sure the NCAA didn't give you back the wins when they were feeling generous and gave PSU back theirs?

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If only the Big Ten had been brave enough to face the rest of the nation for a true national champion rather than hiding in the Rose Bowl.

And now you are one of us and you are in a stronger conference. It would have been interesting to see how many NC some teams would have had if all the conferences weren't hiding behind the bowl system and we had a playoff like the other divisions a long time ago. 

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Are you sure the NCAA didn't give you back the wins when they were feeling generous and gave PSU back theirs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team

Nope, you can't play guys that you know are not eligible to play. PSU can have their wins back, it won't change the fact of what happened there.

6 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Neither the Big 10 nor the Pac 10 wanted to do that.

Yes, which is why I said, "If only the Big Ten had been brave enough to face the rest of the nation for a true national champion rather than hiding in the Rose Bowl."

We've come full circle.  What a time to be alive.

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...

On 12/8/2017 at 8:42 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

93 - 11 wins

94 - 12 wins

95 - 13 wins

96 - 11 wins

97 - 13 wins

60-3 over that time span.  PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY GOOD!!!

Yep.  A missed field goal, and James Brown Roll Left on 4th down from inside his own 30.  Otherwise....62-1.

Edit:  Could argue that Terrell Farley DUI might have been the difference against UT as well, I suppose.

Edited by Jason Sitoke
  • Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Yep.  A missed field goal, and James Brown Roll Left on 4th down from inside his own 30.  Otherwise....62-1.

Edit:  Could argue that Terrell Farley DUI might have been the difference against UT as well, I suppose.

That Farley DUI was a killer.  Tony Veland tried to replace him as the WLB, but he just wasn't as good as Farley was (and Veland was a great safety).  Throw in the fact that half the team got the flu before the Texas game, and the game seemed doomed to be lost, even though nobody expected it.

• Plus1 1

Never forget that Michigan used to host teams like Indiana every season for decades.  It makes the current scheduling debacle (between us and them) that much more irritating to think about.  We have played in AA twice since joining the B1G and they've visited Lincoln once.  Guess where the next game against the skunkbears will be played?

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That Farley DUI was a killer.  Tony Veland tried to replace him as the WLB, but he just wasn't as good as Farley was (and Veland was a great safety).  Throw in the fact that half the team got the flu before the Texas game, and the game seemed doomed to be lost, even though nobody expected it.

I think that game was the beginning of the UT hate.  James Brown ran his mouth before the game and backed it up.  We would've gotten a chance at Florida.

2 years later we had arguably the most talented roster ever at NU, and we manage to lead the nation in lost fumbles.  We gave away our only loss to Texas.  Honestly, if we don't put the damn ball on the carpet 5 times, it's a win.  We got them back in the conference title game, but damage was done.

I remember watching FSU-VaTech for the national title that year.  More than once, the announcers mentioned that 'a lot of people think Nebraska could beat both of these teams'.  I  thought that.   I still do.

Edited by Jason Sitoke