Most Wins

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think that game was the beginning of the UT hate.  James Brown ran his mouth before the game and backed it up.  We would've gotten a chance at Florida.

2 years later we had arguably the most talented roster ever at NU, and we manage to lead the nation in lost fumbles.  We gave away our only loss to Texas.  Honestly, if we don't put the damn ball on the carpet 5 times, it's a win.  We got them back in the conference title game, but damage was done.

I remember watching FSU-VaTech for the national title that year.  More than once, the announcers mentioned that 'a lot of people think Nebraska could beat both of these teams'.  I  thought that.   I still do.

It would be have been Florida State (who beat Florida in November), but yeah, NU was in place to play for the National Championship.

I wonder would have have happened if NU did play Florida State and won, and finished with 1 loss with Arizona State, Ohio State, and Florida.  I bet there would have been a claim to the National Championship by Ohio State because they beat Arizona State who beat Nebraska.  I know this is an odd wormhole, but it's worth a thought.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It would be have been Florida State (who beat Florida in November), but yeah, NU was in place to play for the National Championship.

I wonder would have have happened if NU did play Florida State and won, and finished with 1 loss with Arizona State, Ohio State, and Florida.  I bet there would have been a claim to the National Championship by Ohio State because they beat Arizona State who beat Nebraska.  I know this is an odd wormhole, but it's worth a thought.

Yup. You’re right. Would’ve played FSU.

Couldve been the most controversial of NUs trophies. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 months later...

Time for Scott Frost and team to continue the tradition - so that we don't have to live in the past any longer.  All of these stats are great and it shows that NU is a true 'blue blood' but under the "What have you done lately' category, we have a lot of work to do.   Through inept leadership on the admin level, and poor coaches on the field we've allowed several schools to catch up to us in win totals and more importantly in results on the field and hardware in the trophy case.   I'm looking forward to first wins, then championships -it will come - in time.