**BREAKING** Season Ticket Requests Up

Mavric

The hiring of Scott Frost has Nebraska fans so excited, even the athletic department's ticket office is overwhelmed. 

The 2018 football season ticket renewals were launched the same weekend Frost was hired, and the speed of renewals was noticeably quick, assistant athletic director for tickets Holly Adam said. 

But the amount of requests to be put on the waiting list for season tickets is something the athletic office has never seen, Adam said. 

"This type of push is unprecedented, so we don't really have anything to compare numbers," Adam said. 

Season ticket holders are asked if they want to renew, and if they do, the tickets are theirs. If they don't renew, those tickets are given to whoever is next on the waiting list.

Since Frost was hired last Saturday, Adam says there have been more than 1,300 people put on the season ticket holder waiting list.

OWH

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Not sure what they are saying here. Can't they compare to previous years?

I took it as they haven't had a waiting list since the East Stadium Expansion so they don't have a number of names on the waiting list to compare to the previous several years.

My sister has talked about getting season tickets for a few years.  She is afraid she can't afford them.  I told her last year she should jump in now, because if they get better the prices will jump up and they might get a little harder to get.

I told her she might be able to sell a couple of them to get closer to being able to pay for them.  Is this true?  This year, if we hadn't been losing, she could sell Wisky and get part of her money back.  has this worked for anyone?

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

If they tore down South stadium would we just have a small stadium that season while the work was being done? Or can they rebuild it that fast?

This is what I've said for years is the problem with totally re-doing South Stadium.  I don't think there's any way you could completely tear it out and rebuild in eight months.  To say nothing of the building underneath it.  And I don't think those season ticket holders would take kindly to losing their seats for a season.

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

My sister has talked about getting season tickets for a few years.  She is afraid she can't afford them.  I told her last year she should jump in now, because if they get better the prices will jump up and they might get a little harder to get.

I told her she might be able to sell a couple of them to get closer to being able to pay for them.  Is this true?  This year, if we hadn't been losing, she could sell Wisky and get part of her money back.  has this worked for anyone?

Yea its pretty easy. Just find someone who wants to go to the game (not hard) and thats that. 

Edited by Nebfanatic