OWH: 20 Osborne Stats 20 Years After He Retired

Mavric

On 12/9/2017 at 0:27 PM, Army_Allen said:

So you're saying states to the EAST of us are Midwest states but we aren't? Does that make us a Pac 10 school??

Iowa is about as far west as the Midwest goes. Nebraska, the Dakota's, Kansas, and Oklahoma are Plains states.

Edited by Glendower
  • Plus1 1

Everyone knows that Ohio & OSU is a part of the NW Territories. So we can't count them! 

image.png.978f05df8f3cb8f949bb35ae783a538e.png

Oh, wait,  that was in 1787.    Western states are general considered those from Montana going south and west.

from Wiki:

The Midwestern United States, also referred to as the American Midwest, Middle West, or simply the Midwest, is one of four geographic regions defined by the United States Census Bureau. It occupies the northern central part of the United States of America.[2] It was officially named the North Central region by the Census Bureau until 1984.[3] It is located between the Northeastern U.S. and the Western U.S., with Canada to its north and the Southern U.S. to its south.

The Census Bureau's definition consists of 12 states in the north central United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The region generally lies on the broad Interior Plain between the states occupying the Appalachian Mountain range and the states occupying the Rocky Mountain range. Major rivers in the region include, from east to west, the Ohio River, the Upper Mississippi River, and the Missouri River.[4] A 2012 report from the United States Census put the population of the Midwest at 65,377,684. The Midwest is divided by the Census Bureau into two divisions. The East North Central Division includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin, all of which are also part of the Great Lakes region. The West North Central Division includes Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, and South Dakota, several of which are located at least partly, within the Great Plains region.

For those arguing the Midwest naming thing... remember... when that was first used (around 1820s I think), Nebraska wasn't even a Territory yet.  I've always considered Nebraska 'Midwest' and it was always called by everyone I knew when I lived there.  It seemed really strange to me to have Ohioans considering themselves 'Midwest' because they aren't even remotely west... unless you are counting from the original 13 colonies :)