What is your favorite Husker play of all-time?

Yup.  Burkhead reminded me of Joel and Jeff.  I knew their grandmother who often sat in her wheelchair underneath south stadium to watch the games.   I knew where they got that toughness.   She was a nice lady and a reall football fan.  My kids often stayed with her for the second half after getting their regular feast on UNL Dairy store ice cream in those awesome waffle cones!   LOL

41 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Yeah, that's right up there. There are lots of good ones, and more flashy choices, but I always appreciate a simple FB dive that busts for 40+ yards.

I see it as a 2 or 3 category question.

1. What's the best play in what it mean for the game/team/program and how emotional/excited it made you
2a. What's the best designed play
2b. What was the most exciting play 'cause it was just plain cool

The Catch would probably fit into 1 and 2b. It was amazing for what it meant for the team and for how exciting the actual play was.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

I should add that Matt Davison was perhaps my kids' favorite player.   He was the nicest, friendliest of all and when they'd wait down by the locker room entrance door after the game for the team to make their way into it, Davison would look for my three little kids and give them each a glove, sweat band, high fives, etc.   More than once, he probably gave away real value as it was said that players who didn't turn in their pregame alotment had to run steps, etc.  LOL   Davison might have been a coach's pet or something or he did a lot of extra work just to supply my kids with genuine Husker gear!   The last game of one season, Matt even gave them a tour of the locker rooms after the game.  Of course, the security guard and a couple assistants also knew them as they were regulars with their ice cream cones, Husker red from head to toe, and big smiles.    

• Plus1 1

Frazier's run vs. Florida is by far my favorite.

However, I'll add Kareem Moss' INT at the end of the 94 Orange Bowl that sealed it. When Schlesinger scored his 2nd TD, there were still 2 minutes left. Costa completed a short pass, and was sacked twice, leading to 4th-and-19. When Moss made the INT, it was a feeling of release of all the near-misses and past failures, a feeling of joy and validation and redemption and glory.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Cory Schlesinger's first TD run against Miami.

Surprised it wasn't the second TD.

I remember shortly after Miami got back the ball, NBC showing a montage of many of the heartbreaking OB losses and thinking how any negative feelings I had remembering those games were about to vanish.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I should add that Matt Davison was perhaps my kids' favorite player.   He was the nicest, friendliest of all and when they'd wait down by the locker room entrance door after the game for the team to make their way into it, Davison would look for my three little kids and give them each a glove, sweat band, high fives, etc.   More than once, he probably gave away real value as it was said that players who didn't turn in their pregame alotment had to run steps, etc.  LOL   Davison might have been a coach's pet or something or he did a lot of extra work just to supply my kids with genuine Husker gear!   The last game of one season, Matt even gave them a tour of the locker rooms after the game.  Of course, the security guard and a couple assistants also knew them as they were regulars with their ice cream cones, Husker red from head to toe, and big smiles.    

Great story!  He seems like a really genuine guy.

38 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Surprised it wasn't the second TD.

I remember shortly after Miami got back the ball, NBC showing a montage of many of the heartbreaking OB losses and thinking how any negative feelings I had remembering those games were about to vanish.

The first one made me feel like we could really do it.