What is your favorite Husker play of all-time?

10 hours ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

I would have only been 3 or 4 when that play happened and I don't think I've ever actually seen a replay of it. Great choice.

Such an unbelievably gutsy call.  To just put the ball on the ground, right at the line of scrimmage.  Soooo much could go wrong, but they ran it to perfection.  T.O. was a genius.

4th quarter, 1971 Orange Bowl.  Night game.  Texas and tOSU had lost earlier in the day.  Nebraska is down 12-10 to the LSU tigers. Nebraska moves down the field and has the ball 1st and goal. They run Jeff Kinney, who takes the ball to just inside the 2.  2nd and goal, Tagge sneaks to the 1/2 yardline.  3rd and goal, Tagge sneaks and looks like he might be short, but he is on the pile and sticks the ball out over the goal line for a TD to take the lead.  That was the first game I ever saw in color.  My parents took me in to my Grandmother's house because she had color and we only had a B&W set.  Wow what a game.  Nebraska's first MNC (AP only cause the final UPI didn't include bowl games)

Edited by drfish
  • Plus1 3

9 hours ago, drfish said:

4th quarter, 1971 Orange Bowl.  Night game.  Texas and tOSU had lost earlier in the day.  Nebraska is down 12-10 to the LSU tigers. Nebraska moves down the field and has the ball 1st and goal. They run Jeff Kinney, who takes the ball to just inside the 2.  2nd and goal, Tagge sneaks to the 1/2 yardline.  3rd and goal, Tagge sneaks and looks like he might be short, but he is on the pile and sticks the ball out over the goal line for a TD to take the lead.  That was the first game I ever saw in color.  My parents took me in to my Grandmother's house because she had color and we only had a B&W set.  Wow what a game.  Nebraska's first MNC (AP only cause the final UPI didn't include bowl games)

Remember that day well too, although I saw it on black and white.  Great full day of football, watching the dominos fall just right so that if we won, we'd be on top.  Great memory.

Schlesinger's 2nd TD - against Miami .    This got alllllll of the monkey's off of Tom's, NU's and Husker Nation's back.  Tom finally

won the big one. After that 95 and 97 were icing on the cake and were for bragging rights (95 greatest team ever, 97 team - would

have trounced Michigan, etc).  This touchdown and this game  gave final validation to a program that had come so close so

many times under Tom - one play away in 93,83,82 and one game away on several other occasions. 

It is only fitting that the TD came on this trap play, by the Fullback - a demonstration of the deceptiveness of the option and the power

of our running game.  Notice the downfield blocking by the WR and of course the OL blocking - creating a large opening.

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 2

On 12/9/2017 at 7:57 PM, ESPNSEC SUCKS said:

1995 Colorado game #2 Vs. #7 first play from scrimmage.. Ahmad Green 57 yard option TD run... 

I believe Tom called it in the lock room before the game.  He had that play called as the first play and knew it would go big if Colo came out in a certain defensive set.   It did - TD.

He also predicted what was going to happen in the 2nd half of the Miami game in 94 - they would get tired, they would have a personal foul at a critical point of the game, that our players were not to react but remain calm and that we'd wear them down and win it in the 4th. 

• Plus1 1