What is your favorite Husker play of all-time?

On 12/9/2017 at 11:59 PM, grandpasknee said:

I believe it was "he won't lay a finger on me"...thus Noonan touching his helmet with a finger after tackling him.

Oh man!  I remember that game.  I was a medical student at the time and dirt poor.  Lived in an old run down apartment near UNMC.  My wife was working fast food so we could afford school.  I took care of an older gentleman and he wanted to express his appreciation and though I told him it was not neccessary, he insisted.  Imagine my surprise when he handed me 4 tickets to this Nebraska-Oklahoma game.  When I looked up where they were, West Balcony 49 yard line.  OMG.  I figured those tickets would have been worth 4 figures on the open market.  I remember that play distinctly.  I also remember that there was a facemask that was really costly and then:  DAMN SOONER MAGIC.  Long throw to the tight end late in the 4th quarter.  That was the best game I had ever seen in person to that point.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Even if Frost didn't come back. This is one of my all time favorite plays. What a range of emotions in that game.

I've only seen one Nebraska game in person since moving from Omaha in 1976.  As it turned out ... this was the game.  I knew the Mizzou would play us tough ... they always seemed to do that at home and living in the state I had followed Corby (QB) and new he was legit.  Had a good RB as well (Brock?)  I had my 5 year old son with me.  It was his first college football game.  I met up with a family that had stayed at our resort at the Lake of the Ozarks for the past 20+ years.  Amazing game for sure.  It wasn't until we got back to the motel that we could catch the replay and see what actually happened on the catch.  

Go Big Red!  Let's get Mizzou back on the schedule.

• Plus1 1