What is your favorite Husker play of all-time?

Gill's option pitch to Jeff Smith to bring NU within 31-30 in the 1984 Orange Bowl.  One of the best plays I have ever seen.  4th and 8 at Miami's 24, just under a minute to play.  Gill started it looking for the pass after his reverse-pivot.  When that wasn't open he went down the line with the option.  As Gill is being hit, he pitches a perfect lateral to Smith who catches it on the run and takes it down the sideline to score.  This was Osborne using an RPO 30 years before the term would spread across college football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNs0mdKAO8

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 3

Too many to pick one.  I do remember that tremendous 'hit of the century' by Ruuuuuuud vs. OK that helped break the Sooner magic spell.   Awesome football play. 

J.Mackovicka is perhaps my favorite Husker of all time and there are so many I couldn't count them.   He amongst so many epitomized what being a Hukser is all about.   We need to clone him or select that 'toughness' gene and instill it in this current team and we'd win 10 games without a coach almost.      

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Too many to pick one.  I do remember that tremendous 'hit of the century' by Ruuuuuuud vs. OK that helped break the Sooner magic spell.   Awesome football play. 

J.Mackovicka is perhaps my favorite Husker of all time and there are so many I couldn't count them.   He amongst so many epitomized what being a Hukser is all about.   We need to clone him or select that 'toughness' gene and instill it in this current team and we'd win 10 games without a coach almost.      

Agree with that on Mackivicka’s toughness.  I read that he was never once tackled for a loss.

Closest to him ever in my opinion (as a runner ) was Rex Burkhead.