2017 NCAA Volleyball Final Four

Mavric

After watching both semi final matches tonight, it's obvious that the Big 10 teams are clearly superior.  Florida has a lot of offense but their defense is several notches below what we saw from both teams in the first match.    I'm sure the final is going to be a great match but the smart money is on Nebraska.   

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, caveman99 said:

A whole lot of red in that crowd, great job Husker fans! I know Stanford was there, but have to believe that red is nearly all Husker faithful.

Watching the Florida/Stanford match on ESPN, and the announcers all commented at one point and time about how eerie and quiet it sounded in there after the Nebraska/Penn State match, and that any energy that needed to be generated needed to come from the players. 

I can't wait to see/hear how big and bad it's going to be Saturday night against Florida. Can't wait to see comments enjoy the delicious schadenfreude from Florida fans about how unfair it will be that Nebraska has a home-field advantage in a championship game. 

BTW, neither Stanford or Florida looked rather impressive. Stanford looked sharper against Texass, to be honest, and Florida played significantly worse defense than either Penn State or Nebraska did. As long as our women keep their "one point at a time", lunch-pail mentality, and the crowd shows up (remember, we play Kansas in Lincoln that night) we should be able to best Florida. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Watching the Florida/Stanford match on ESPN, and the announcers all commented at one point and time about how eerie and quiet it sounded in there after the Nebraska/Penn State match, and that any energy that needed to be generated needed to come from the players. 

I can't wait to see/hear how big and bad it's going to be Saturday night against Florida. Can't wait to see comments enjoy the delicious schadenfreude from Florida fans about how unfair it will be that Nebraska has a home-field advantage in a championship game. 

BTW, neither Stanford or Florida looked rather impressive. Stanford looked sharper against Texass, to be honest, and Florida played significantly worse defense than either Penn State or Nebraska did. As long as our women keep their "one point at a time", lunch-pail mentality, and the crowd shows up (remember, we play Kansas in Lincoln that night) we should be able to best Florida. 

We did lose to Florida 3-1 earlier in the year, I think we are playing better now.  Also, Florida isn't going to have as many serve errors that Penn State had.  I think you're underestimating Florida.

2 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

We did lose to Florida 3-1 earlier in the year, I think we are playing better now.  Also, Florida isn't going to have as many serve errors that Penn State had.  I think you're underestimating Florida.

We did not have Kelly Hunter when we lost to them the first time.  Definitely seemed out of sync with a setter that hadn't worked with the team as much.

3 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

True, that's a good point. But I'd suggest that Florida is the worst of the four Final 4 teams as far as defense goes. 

I don't think it's going to be easy by any stretch, but I think Penn State is better than either Florida or Stanford. 

2 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

We lost to Florida 3-2, in Florida, without Kelly Hunter.  We lost 15-11 in the Fifth.

I don't think he's underestimating Florida at all.  Nebraska matches up well with Florida and can win this match.  If we're firing on all cylinders, we could sweep them.

I'm not sure why you think Florida isn't going to have many service errors.  They had one ace and nine errors (-8) in the first match on their home court.

4 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

This seems like a good place to mention that I have a very deep, VERY PERSONAL hatred of the University of Florida and that beating them in anything is the highest high while losing this would be the most excruciating loss we could have for me. So if our ladies could go ahead and take care of business, that would be great. Luckily I honestly think we've got this. Their 1 loss came to Kentucky in Gainesville and we handled Kentucky fairly easily. And while I didn't get to watch them last night, I didn't see anything that terrified me in their match against USC.

7 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Nebraska was not at a top 10 level when they played Florida.  I get what you are saying about Penn St with the errors - however right now to beat NU teams will go uber agressive and that usually leads to errors.