Recruiting Tangent Thread

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's just a stupid stat to bring up.  Congrats to him for intercepting 4 passes against players that couldn't make it on the lowest level D1 team.  It doesn't really matter.

Isn't that all high school stats as well?  Why do NCAA stats matter when it is against players that couldn't make it on the lowest level professional teams?  Doesn't anything really matter?  

48 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No this is the part that I say your and the other mods comment about his INT totals is pointless

It is not pointless.  It is a fact.  You don't like it so you take it upon yourself to s#!t on another thread.  And it's getting really old.

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It is not pointless.  It is a fact.  You don't like it so you take it upon yourself to s#!t on another thread.  And it's getting really old.

It is pointless.  What he did versus JUCO players has nothing to do with what our DB's did or didn't do.  It's just your way of s#!tting on the last coaching staff.  And that gets old.

But from now on I will do backflips for every unrated player that Frost and Co gets to commit.  Apparently that is the only acceptable opinion allowed on this board.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Did he have those INT's against B1G quarterbacks?  Was he defending B1G wide receivers?

Nope, but I am sure you don’t mean to say that experience and stats are meaningless unless they occur in the B1G. The new defense is built on takeaways, so they get a guy with 4 INT at the JUCO level last season. I don’t see how this is a hill you want to die on.

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It is pointless.  What he did versus JUCO players has nothing to do with what our DB's did or didn't do.  It's just your way of s#!tting on the last coaching staff.  And that gets old.

But from now on I will do backflips for every unrated player that Frost and Co gets to commit.  Apparently that is the only acceptable opinion allowed on this board.

S#!tting on the old staff is warranted and relevant because (1) they were terrible and (2) it was last season. I doubt that is a hill you want to die on, either. Still, the point about Jackson’s stats is the need to have players that can create turnovers.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

trOyEUO.gif.fab0e761dd78563965422bccb31e4487.gif

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No one was doing backflips.  The fact that you completely overreact to everything is why a bunch of people are really annoyed with you.

Contrary to you own self-perception, you are not the only one who can figure out that the level of competition will change.  No one is expecting him to be an All-American at Nebraska because he had four INTs at his JUCO.  No one implied this in the slightest.  But you react to everything that way for some unknown reason.

The last coaching staff gets s#!t on now and then because ... wait for it .... they did a s#!tty job.  Most of the rest of us can laugh at that and move on.  I guess if you want to become their lone defender you can but you're taking all this way more seriously than anyone else is.

• Plus1 7
  • Mavric changed the title to Recruiting Tangent Thread