Recruiting Tangent Thread

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How about you take off your s#!t colored glasses and come back tp reality. Do you grade out offensive lineman across the nation as a whole? My guess is you don't and this statement is beyond flawed. 

Benhart is easily one of the worst tackles in the big ten. But yeah the entire country idk. Definitely bottom quarter of power 5. He sucks. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Benhart is easily one of the worst tackles in the big ten. But yeah the entire country idk. Definitely bottom quarter of power 5. He sucks. 

Correct. But also consider they allowed last years starting QB to break his jaw, get this year's starting QB injured with a torn labrum, as well as his one of his backups to end up with 3 injured QBs across two seasons.

Even not accounting for getting their QBs injured, they allow their QBs to get pressured at one of highest percentages in the country, were 102nd in sack percentage, and were 113th in yards per rush, and while being led by backup QBs led an offense that was dead last in the country by being nearly 40 yards per game worse than the second worst team over those stretch of games. 

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Correct. But also consider they allowed last years starting QB to break his jaw, get this year's starting QB injured with a torn labrum, as well as his one of his backups to end up with 3 injured QBs across two seasons.

Even not accounting for getting their QBs injured, they allow their QBs to get pressured at one of highest percentages in the country, were 102nd in sack percentage, and were 113th in yards per rush, and while being led by backup QBs led an offense that was dead last in the country by being nearly 40 yards per game worse than the second worst team over those stretch of games. 

Guarentee you if we played a schedule like Temple or Akron does all of our players would look alot better than they do. Worst stats in the country does not mean worst team in the country as strength of schedule has to be considered. What @Deckedsaid is far more accurate imo. Bottom of power 5 I will give you but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys turn it around under new coaching. They have physical tools and Corcoran in particular is still pretty young. 

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Guarentee you if we played a schedule like Temple or Akron does all of our players would look alot better than they do. Worst stats in the country does not mean worst team in the country as strength of schedule has to be considered. What @Deckedsaid is far more accurate imo. Bottom of power 5 I will give you but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys turn it around under new coaching. They have physical tools and Corcoran in particular is still pretty young. 

I appreciate your optimism and giving players the benefit of the doubt but at the end of the day Corcoran and especially Benhart are trash. They have regressed and I would agree new coaching may help but Raiola is still their coach. If either of those two are starters in 2023 we are in big trouble in little china

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

I appreciate your optimism and giving players the benefit of the doubt but at the end of the day Corcoran and especially Benhart are trash. They have regressed and I would agree new coaching may help but Raiola is still their coach. If either of those two are starters in 2023 we are in big trouble in little china

I'll make sure to store this one away and perhaps we can revisit it in a year. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

They are people not tomato cans. All of this derogatory language towards OUR players. I never understand it. 

Ok…first off you know I wasn’t calling them literal tomato cans. And then acting like what I said is dehumanizing them?? Please don’t hurt yourself when and if you get down off your high horse. It’s sports, if they suck there’s nothing mean or derogatory about saying they suck. I’ve stuck with this team through thick and thin and I love Nebraska, but until they solve the Oline woes it won’t matter if they recruit all the 4 and 5 star skill players in the world, Nebraska football will still suck.

• Plus1 3