Good Burrow Update

I'm not saying Burrow couldn't work here, but he has barely had any PT at Ohio St. He also doesn't finish until May. That is late in the game in regards to what we would be looking for I would think. To my knowledge the staff has also showed no interest in him. 

Edited by BIG ERN
6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm not saying Burrow couldn't work here, but he has barely had any PT at Ohio St. He also doesn't finish until May. That is late in the game in regards to what we would be looking for I would think. To my knowledge the staff has also showed no interest in him. 

Yeah, this has seemed to me like a "backup QB is always better" type thing. I don't know why he would come here when he'd be a semester behind everyone else - at least two guys, maybe three - and only three months to win the job in his last chance.  I think he'd look for a little more clear path to a starting job.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, this has seemed to me like a "backup QB is always better" type thing. I don't know why he would come here when he'd be a semester behind everyone else - at least two guys, maybe three - and only three months to win the job in his last chance.  I think he'd look for a little more clear path to a starting job.

I feel it's a similar offense to OSU. As far as a clear path, I don't see anyone on the roster who is head and shoulders better at this point.

If Burrow doesn't break his hand in the preseason, he might be the #2 QB on OSU's roster right now. From everything that was said about Haskins and Burrow, it was a close race between the two up until that point. I hope he stays healthy and he gets a shot at the starting spot next year at OSU. If he transfers, I wish him nothing but the best. 

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I worry Urban won't grant him in conference grad release. 

It was my understanding that grad transfers don't require releases from scholarships.  The original intent of the rule was to allow student-athletes to transfer to a different school to take graduate studies which weren't offered at their original university from which they .  That's why the NCAA allowed these transfers without having to sit out a year.  I don't know if this is strictly enforced anymore.

31 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It was my understanding that grad transfers don't require releases from scholarships.  The original intent of the rule was to allow student-athletes to transfer to a different school to take graduate studies which weren't offered at their original university from which they .  That's why the NCAA allowed these transfers without having to sit out a year.  I don't know if this is strictly enforced anymore.

Feel free to check, but I believe in conference grad transfers require a release for immediate playing time. Out of conference they have no control. 

• 1 year later...