JD Spielman named Freshman All-American

knapplc

Spielman was perhaps the lone bright spot during Nebraska’s otherwise dismal season, setting up the freshman as a future star in the Big Ten.

I mean I kinda get why they would say that, but we had several players that I thought showed a hell of a lot of potential this year. Stille and Deontre Thomas at the very least looked like studs already and were both freshman. 

36 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I mean I kinda get why they would say that, but we had several players that I thought showed a hell of a lot of potential this year. Stille and Deontre Thomas at the very least looked like studs already and were both freshman. 

Not to mention Stanley setting the school record for receiving yards.

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

In 11 freakin' games!! Would have easily had 1k if we made a bowl. 

I love the toughness of SM but the only reason he did not have over 1500 yards, is he dropped a TON of balls that were in his hands. Many of these would have been long catches and several TD's. If he works on focus, he has all the tools he needs.

2 hours ago, I.M. OLD said:

I love the toughness of SM but the only reason he did not have over 1500 yards, is he dropped a TON of balls that were in his hands. Many of these would have been long catches and several TD's. If he works on focus, he has all the tools he needs.

I think your numbers are exaggerated.  He did have quite a few drops but Most of them were on shorter throws.  It seemed to be the easy catches that he had trouble with - the 5-10 yard hitch routes where he was standing still.  Would have been first downs but I don't think there were hundreds of yards left out there on those plays.  Not like he was always running free 50 yards down the field and dropped it.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think your numbers are exaggerated.  He did have quite a few drops but Most of them were on shorter throws.  It seemed to be the easy catches that he had trouble with - the 5-10 yard hitch routes where he was standing still.  Would have been first downs but I don't think there were hundreds of yards left out there on those plays.  Not like he was always running free 50 yards down the field and dropped it.

More than a few long balls dropped, like 50 yard plus. Possible 1500 a stretch but he left several hundreds of yards on the turf and more importantly multiple scores.