Huskers Announce Future Non-Conference Opponents

Mavric

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

SEC is smart.  They basically schedule in two off weeks.

Plus, when the SEC schedules conference games early in the season, it gives their teams boosts in the early season polls.  The winner will sometimes go up 5-10 spots with a big SEC win, and the loser doesn't drop all that much (and has 2-3 months to rise back up in the polls).

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Plus, when the SEC schedules conference games early in the season, it gives their teams boosts in the early season polls.  The winner will sometimes go up 5-10 spots with a big SEC win, and the loser doesn't drop all that much (and has 2-3 months to rise back up in the polls).

Very true!

• Plus1 1

I think I may be the only person in the universe who doesn't mind this. 

Schedule wins if we can, I used to enjoy seeing future Huskers get playing time in mop up roles, or walk-on/other Huskers that never quite cracked the line up get rewarded with playing time. 

Yes it looks bad on a CFB resume, but we haven't lost less than 4 games since 2003, so I welcome that "problem". Sure we could be way better by then, but maybe playoff creep could have expanded to more teams by then, or more teams in the conference or college football and football in general is so watered down safety wise it's unwatchable or fear of CTE causes participation/interest to plummet, it may seem far fetched but so much is possible in ten years. 

As far as scheduling SEC, that's a two way street, they have to WANT to play us. It takes two teams to make a deal, and I don't think they're willing to negotiate. 

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

I thought Georgia Southern is a member of FCS.  Obviously my mistake.

SDSU Jackrabbits and NDSU Bisons -- FCS

Georgia Southern -- FBS

12 hours ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Not playing the Bison (Bison is the plural).  It's the Fighting Hawks. UND.

Ooppps ... thanks !

BTW, used to be UND Sioux.

Arkansas State Indians ==> Red Wolves

Stanford Indians ==> Cardinal (or else Trees)

and removed Chief Illiniwek mascot.

Edited by Hooked on Huskers

I really like the idea of moving the second part of that CU series out to the 2030's and playing in 2 of those "neutral site" kickoff games with an SEC team. Maybe host our home game in KC at Arrowhead. Something like...

LSU at the Superdome 

or

TAMU at Jerryworld

OR!

Florida in Jacksonville 

Edit--

I really wouldn't mind scheduling a h/h with UCF/USF/FSU/UF either. We're gonna recruit the hell out of Florida with Frost and this staff here. Might as well play there if we can.

Edited by seaofred92