RB/WR Miles Jones [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Jones Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Vanderbilt
    • Georgia

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/2018 at 06:18 PM

51 minutes ago, GSG said:

Are you guys saying I shouldn't be putting my 40 time on my resume?

I think some here know I am in the Recruiting/hiring world and no joke we had a guy apply for an accounting position and on his resume he had his Squat and dead lift stats on the resume. One of our Accountants(a girl who was a D1 Track athlete) was like, I can do better than that.

Ended up being a nice guy but was truly surprising he put that on a professional resume.

To keep this on point, I think Miles Jones is in without a doubt.

2 hours ago, STL Husker said:

Didn't Westerkamp run something like a 4.8 at his pro day which comes after months of training specifically for that drill?

Really close.  4.73

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793416/article/pro-day-results-ksu-nebraska-south-carolina-youngstown

For comparisons sake, Tommy Armstrong ran a sub 4.6 40

Ok, thread derail over.

I echo most of the sentiments here.  Dude looks like a baller and played against really high level competition.  I also liked what Severe and Sam said on The Bottom Line about him in that he has a lot of 'tread left on the tires'.

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Did the kid run track. That should help solve this for us if he is fast or not. If i remember doesnt Frost usually go after track kids.

Doesn't look to have run the 100 or 200 - ran the 400 in 50.79 - but was on a 4x100 relay that ran 40.17, which is flying.  For reference, the all-time record in Nebraska is 41.40.  1.2 seconds is an eternity in sprinting.  The national record is 39.76 so  they are closer to the national record than the Nebraska record.

Athletic.net Profile

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Doesn't look to have run the 100 or 200 - ran the 400 in 50.79 - but was on a 4x100 relay that ran 40.17, which is flying.  For reference, the all-time record in Nebraska is 41.40.  1.2 seconds is an eternity in sprinting.  The national record is 39.76 so  they are closer to the national record than the Nebraska record.

Athletic.net Profile

50.79 is really good. Not Great. 

But the 40.17 is EXTREMELY impressive.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

50.79 is really good. Not Great. 

But the 40.17 is EXTREMELY impressive.

Yes, the 50.79 isn't that impressive.  But at the high school level the 400 is more about endurance than speed so I don't think it's that telling.

The 4x1 relay is off-the-charts fast.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yes, the 50.79 isn't that impressive.  But at the high school level the 400 is more about endurance than speed so I don't think it's that telling.

The 4x1 relay is off-the-charts fast.

The year Papio set that Nebraska record, we got second with a 41.99.  That's our school record.  40.17 is faster than many college teams.

If he is on that, he is without a doubt a sub 11 100 guy.  Probably a 10.5 guy.  That is fast.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to RB/WR Miles Jones [Nebraska Commit]