Post Play Issues

BIG ERN

Jordy could take his development to astronomical levels if he grasped the concept of kicking out and reposting(you know instead of burying himself under the backboard).  Any fart of a threat of going to his right hand would do wonders as well.  Thought/hoped both these things would have been worked on nonstop in the offseason(I know the knee procedure took away a chunk of that time)

39 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Jordy could take his development to astronomical levels if he grasped the concept of kicking out and reposting(you know instead of burying himself under the backboard).  Any fart of a threat of going to his right hand would do wonders as well.  Thought/hoped both these things would have been worked on nonstop in the offseason(I know the knee procedure took away a chunk of that time)

All this, and he has one post move (baby hook), and, as you pointed out, he's only capable of using it with his left hand. He's just not a very skilled basketball player at this point. He lacks any kind of aggression on either end of the floor. I hope interested big man recruits are watching this, because any kind of impact freshman could come in and replace his role quickly. 

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

I think he has the athletic ability to be a decent player.  I believe one of the things that really hurts him is how he has to gather himself once he gets the ball.  It takes too long for him to make a move and he doesn’t have the skills to work around a D that is now dug in.

I think he will get better, but if we can get anyone on campus he will immediately become a back up.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think he has the athletic ability to be a decent player.  I believe one of the things that really hurts him is how he has to gather himself once he gets the ball.  It takes too long for him to make a move and he doesn’t have the skills to work around a D that is now dug in.

I think he will get better, but if we can get anyone on campus he will immediately become a back up.

He already is a back up.... And as good as Roby has been, he's not an idle five. The fact he has to play that role tells us all we need to know about Jordy.

11 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

You guys realize if Jordy was getting 25+ mins a game he would likely average a double double w his current play. I agree w you guys he only has one post move and doesn’t know how to kick the ball out to save his life but he’s playing much better. He’s even starting to foul less it seems

Get real.  There are several obvious reasons he can’t be on the floor for 25 minutes and even if he was do you really believe he’d average a double double? You know they don’t include turnovers right?  There’s a really small group of players in the conference that achieve a DD and even less that average one.  Literally no one realizes what you’re saying.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Don't count on Brady H. next year, Jordy would eat him alive.  

My understanding is that Heiman will redshirt next year.  He & Miles both said that when he signed.  If we don't sign another big in the spring, Borchardt will be the 2nd option if we go to a more traditional line up.

• 3 weeks later...

:dunno

4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

The added talent and soft schedule helped mask the issues for most of this year. For much of the last 6 years this team has had the same recurring problems. They almost always have long scoring droughts because they don't run much of an offense, they usually struggle to rebound (-17 tonight, good grief) and they don't have a consistent 3-point shooting threat.