Drew Brown to Play in East/West Shrine Game

Mavric

• 4 weeks later...

He did play and he played well!  He made 4 of the 10 points the East scored.  Josh Kalu was supposed to play as well but I didn't see him.  When Drew kicked the initial field goal they talked about the fact that he was wearing #27 in honor of Sam (Folts).  It was cool of course (but made my heart sad because Sam would've been playing (not prepping) for the NFL  right now had he lived.) :(

Edited by ladyhawke
Took out incorrect info!
2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

He did play and he played well!  He made 4 of the 10 points the East scored.  Josh Kalu was supposed to play as well but I didn't see him.  When Drew kicked the initial field goal they talked about the fact that he was wearing #27 in honor of Sam (Folts).  It was cool of course (but made my heart sad because Sam would've been prepping for the NFL  right now had he lived.  Sam would also have been playing in the Shriners bowl.   He and Drew would've still been a team.) :(

Not to be a downer of any sorts but Sam would have been a senior that fall of the accident.  So he would have(or potentially still could have) playing his rookie year in the NFL this last season

Edited by PaulCrewe