Season Ticket Questions/Help -- Any advice appreciated

Jamesla30

Just now, Jamesla30 said:

Thanks for all the responses so far.... seems to be some confusion regarding priority points (donation $) and the seat-yourself process..... my understanding is that the higher your priority points the higher you get on the list to pick before everyone else.... however it is confusing because I have zero priority points as I will be a brand new season ticket holder. Obviously if I donated $1500 per seat I would jump ahead of a majority of other people who either have never donated (grandfathered seats), or have only donated at lower amounts for the past few years.

Anyone who has gone through this same situation and can chime in?

Maybe I need to put down a bigger "deposit"?

Or maybe I will be fine waiting until the end of the list as most pass on the premium seats anyways?

Lastly, almost too embarrassed to ask this, but I assume the minimum donation has to be made every year to keep the same seats, correct?

Is the donation tax deductible? Again, embarrassed to ask, but gotta make sure :)

Prior to the Seat Yourself process, you had to put down a donation level that you would be willing to pay.  I don't believe that is the case anymore.  I don't think there is any way to "jump ahead" by saying you are willing to give a certain donation.  I think the best you can do is to pay the $100 deposit per ticket to be guaranteed seats then pick what seats you want when it's your turn.  But you'd be in line for whatever is left after existing season ticket holders get a chance.  

I'm not sure how they would order all the new requests.  I would think it would be in the order you paid your deposit but I don't see anything about that.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Hiring Frost sucks.

:lol:

Not gonna lie, I've been close to moving to some different seats for the last couple of years but they are gone by the time it was my turn.  I was thinking one more mediocre year for Riley would lead to more people giving up their seats and increase my chances.  Now that plan is all screwed up.

• Plus1 1

Looks like i'll just do the $100 donation and see what's available at my turn.....

Any votes for buying (4) tickets in the middle 600 level rather than (2) tickets at 100 or club level? View is a bit further away, but still get the nice seatback seats, and get to bring some friends to enjoy the game.

I would think it would be a lot easier to recoup total cost on these tickets too as those would only be about $130/game.

Anyone ever see front row 600 level available in seat-yourself before? Heck I'd pay an extra $200-$300 donation to get those. I bet (4) together in the front row is nearly impossible to come by though. Maybe would have to pay a little higher the next year to get further up the list.

Edited by Jamesla30
15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

:lol:

Not gonna lie, I've been close to moving to some different seats for the last couple of years but they are gone by the time it was my turn.  I was thinking one more mediocre year for Riley would lead to more people giving up their seats and increase my chances.  Now that plan is all screwed up.

We cashed in big-time on the Riley Era.  Moved down 50 rows from our old seats due to apathy.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How can they "guarantee" seats unless they only accept $100 down payments up till the stadium would be full?

This is the part that confused me since I first saw it a couple weeks ago.  I would assume that's what they'd have to be doing but they don't even know how many seats they are working with yet.  Renewals are just now starting but aren't due for a couple months.  So they wouldn't know when to stop offering the deal until they know how many non-renewals they have.

About the only thing they could be doing is banking on the 95-ish% renewal rate that it's usually been for the last few years.  So take 4500 or so down payments then stop.  Maybe they won't get close to that number.  But it seems a bit odd to me.

3 hours ago, Jamesla30 said:

Thanks for all the responses so far.... seems to be some confusion regarding priority points (donation $) and the seat-yourself process..... my understanding is that the higher your priority points the higher you get on the list to pick before everyone else.... however it is confusing because I have zero priority points as I will be a brand new season ticket holder. Obviously if I donated $1500 per seat I would jump ahead of a majority of other people who either have never donated (grandfathered seats), or have only donated at lower amounts for the past few years.

Anyone who has gone through this same situation and can chime in?

Maybe I need to put down a bigger "deposit"?

Or maybe I will be fine waiting until the end of the list as most pass on the premium seats anyways?

Lastly, almost too embarrassed to ask this, but I assume the minimum donation has to be made every year to keep the same seats, correct?

Is the donation tax deductible? Again, embarrassed to ask, but gotta make sure :)

I just became a STH last season.

Seats were available on june 1, I called, they gave me my options and the different donation levels and I selected.

Im not sure how it will go when you actually put down the $100 first. I didn’t do that,  but basically did the seat myself process on the phone.

Edited by ScottyIce

The donation part of the purchase is 80%deductible...... this year.  With the new tax plan being passed, next year 0% will be deductable.  My tax advisor said to get the donation paid before Dec 31, 2017.  

I have section 605 seats and really enjoy the view even if it is really high.  Access to restrooms and concessions is quick!  We got 4 together the first year of the new east addition.  I think it's going to be pretty tough to get 4 together your first year.  I have been watching the seat yourself the last few years trying to improve our spot in the 600's and haven't seen much available.

The priority points build up year after year.  I think 1 point for every $100 donated in years past, and 3 points for every$100 donated the current year.

So people that have had tickets for many years are going to get to pick their new seats first, assuming there's a donation to their seats.  Although most people probably keep their same seats, never use the seat yourself,  and Don't move.

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?DB_OEM_ID=100&ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AF18%3AWL%3A&linkID=huskers&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=WL&cgc=&RSRC=NEWHC&RDAT=E1&DB_OEM_ID

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, waylanm said:

The donation part of the purchase is 80%deductible...... this year.  With the new tax plan being passed, next year 0% will be deductable.  My tax advisor said to get the donation paid before Dec 31, 2017.  

I have section 605 seats and really enjoy the view even if it is really high.  Access to restrooms and concessions is quick!  We got 4 together the first year of the new east addition.  I think it's going to be pretty tough to get 4 together your first year.  I have been watching the seat yourself the last few years trying to improve our spot in the 600's and haven't seen much available.

The priority points build up year after year.  I think 1 point for every $100 donated in years past, and 3 points for every$100 donated the current year.

So people that have had tickets for many years are going to get to pick their new seats first, assuming there's a donation to their seats.  Although most people probably keep their same seats, never use the seat yourself,  and Don't move.

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?DB_OEM_ID=100&ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AF18%3AWL%3A&linkID=huskers&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=WL&cgc=&RSRC=NEWHC&RDAT=E1&DB_OEM_ID

I spoke at length with the ticketing office and can confirm this information. The donation expiration is probably a big deal for the athletic department. If anyone on here donates every year, I would strongly suggest contributing 5+ years of donations before the end of this year if you can. The ticketing office said they allow up to 10 years pre-paid donations. You can then get the full tax benefit before it expires. This could push donation pricing levels down in the future.....

I am still on the fence about if I want to get season tickets or not. I keep going back to the idea of just buying resold single game tickets for a few games a year instead of getting season tickets. I have a hunch we might miss a good chunk of the games, and for the more premium seats I don't think you'd be able to break even.

I should also note that if you are new to donating, you are allowed to make the donation amount now, and it will "significantly" boost you up the seat-yourself list when the time comes. If you buy seats at a lower level than what was donated, they will also roll that extra money into the following year. So essentially if you make a premium donation amount, it will bump you ahead a good chunk (probably a majority) of people during the seat yourself process. Theoretically you'll have access to a more seat availability.

Edited by Jamesla30
On 12/19/2017 at 4:04 PM, BigRedBuster said:

How can they "guarantee" seats unless they only accept $100 down payments up till the stadium would be full?

When I went to get new season tickets right after Frost was announced it said at the time on the screen where I selected how many tickets wanted that there were 500 spots available for the $100.00 per ticket holding fee. I am guessing after that was a wait list unless more opened up since? It didn't say what donation levels were available. We had season tickets up until last year and boy was getting rid of them a mistake LOL

On 12/19/2017 at 2:51 PM, knapplc said:

The 100-level seats in East Stadium should be the old upper tier of Memorial Stadium before the expansion. I think those are still the old bench style seats, but it's a decent place to watch a game.  I think @Coach Power'T sat in these seats in the last couple of years and could talk more about them.  They'll have a good view if you like seeing the game from the sidelines.  I prefer seeing the game from the end zone so I can watch blocking & plays develop a little more, so we sit in the north end zone (Sec 35). 

The Club level, especially in East Stadium (400 level) is a very nice, almost brand-new facility.  There is a huge lobby behind the seats, a view of the city to the east, and access is pretty easy.  It's a nice place to watch a game.  The crowds in Club level are a little boring. They're the first to leave, the last to arrive, and they're mostly fair-weather fans - as in, when it gets cold half of them are inside the lobby the whole game.  If you like sitting on the side, and want some extra amenities, those are good seats and you should take them.

I don't know anything about suite-level seats.  Never had a chance to sit there. 

@knapplc We sat in the 100 level in the NE portion for last years game against Oregon. I enjoyed the view. The game we hit in 2015 was the Minnesota game at home. Where we sat in the new addition on the East side. I honestly think the new addition is the best place to sit. I freaking love it up there. 

West Stadium club level is great too if it's cold out during halftime. (Obviously)

Edited by Coach Power'T
  • Plus1 1
On 12/21/2017 at 5:30 PM, Coach Power'T said:

@knapplc We sat in the 100 level in the NE portion for last years game against Oregon. I enjoyed the view. The game we hit in 2015 was the Minnesota game at home. Where we sat in the new addition on the East side. I honestly think the new addition is the best place to sit. I freaking love it up there. 

West Stadium club level is great too if it's cold out during halftime. (Obviously)

So it sounds like your top two areas would be level 600 (top of east addition) and west club level? Huge price differences for these sections.... starting to think the value in the 600 level might be best....