RB Rahmir Johnson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Johnson Commit?

• Nebraska
    • North Carolina
    • Penn State
    • Boston College
    • Mississippi
    • Rutgers

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

I know this isn't directed at me, but the guys at 247 think there is a chance we would take all 3 if they wanted N.

Going into next year we only scholly RB's we have:

Bell - Sr

Bradley - Jr

Washington - RsFr/Soph 

That said, I doubt all 3 would want N. 

I could see that. But keep in mind too we have flexibility because I wont be surprised if we see Miles Jones, Tyjon and JD used as the DUCK R- which steals runs from the RB too. So it kind adds carries and depth to that position. 

But in my mind as far as a true RB position- Maurice Washington is the highest rated guy we have had in awhile right? .92 247 rating. Who is the last guy we had rated that high or higher? 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I could see that. But keep in mind too we have flexibility because I wont be surprised if we see Miles Jones, Tyjon and JD used as the DUCK R- which steals runs from the RB too. So it kind adds carries and depth to that position. 

But in my mind as far as a true RB position- Maurice Washington is the highest rated guy we have had in awhile right? .92 247 rating. Who is the last guy we had rated that high or higher? 

We also might land Dedrick Mills (juco) - bigger back. Had over 700 rushing yards, 12 TD at G Tech as a freshman. I don't see us taking 3 but it's possible given our low RB scholly count next year 

59 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How do you guys think Maurice Washington factors in the RB room?

Follow up question. What is both your thoughts on our current commit for this class Thomas Grayson Vs. the 2 other guys in johnson and bivens we are looking at. Would you take bivens and johnson over Grayson or would you take Grayson plus 1? 

If I'm being brutally honest, I think Maurice puts multiple guys in that room on the bench. He is the talent that cannot sit. If you allow me to be more brutally honest, once it clicks for him, I don't think you will see much of Mikale, Jaylin, or Ozigbo (and I like Divine a lot). Bell needs to be the guy going in. Maurice will get his touches and so will Jones. Mix in JD and Tyjon, and you start to see how guys will get left out. 

I like Thomas Grayson. He appears light on his feet, and is a great fit for our offense. If I compare him to Johnson, I would say they are very similar but give Johnson the nod in speed. They both appear to be great outside runners and I give Grayson the edge on the inside (tape shows more).  Grayson seems to be a little better in traffic. If I compare him to Bivens, the speed looks about equal. Bivens has better agility and hip flexion. Grayson is no slouch though. He is a great fit. I'm looking forward to his senior year, and I expect the local schools to sniff around. 

I know I will get some backlash for this but I am disappointed with Mikale and Jaylin. Both look too big, especially Mikale. I don't think Jaylin has anything special to his game, at least for now. I know once summer workouts happen, they will become better conditioned and drop some of the fat. Still, serious talent is filling up that room, and I don't see how those guys can fend them off.   

• Plus1 4
38 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

He is the highest RB since Terrell Newby in 2013 who was .9404

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Vince R. said:

If I'm being brutally honest, I think Maurice puts multiple guys in that room on the bench. He is the talent that cannot sit. If you allow me to be more brutally honest, once it clicks for him, I don't think you will see much of Mikale, Jaylin, or Ozigbo (and I like Divine a lot). Bell needs to be the guy going in. Maurice will get his touches and so will Jones. Mix in JD and Tyjon, and you start to see how guys will get left out. 

I like Thomas Grayson. He appears light on his feet, and is a great fit for our offense. If I compare him to Johnson, I would say they are very similar but give Johnson the nod in speed. They both appear to be great outside runners and I give Grayson the edge on the inside (tape shows more).  Grayson seems to be a little better in traffic. If I compare him to Bivens, the speed looks about equal. Bivens has better agility and hip flexion. Grayson is no slouch though. He is a great fit. I'm looking forward to his senior year, and I expect the local schools to sniff around. 

I know I will get some backlash for this but I am disappointed with Mikale and Jaylin. Both look too big, especially Mikale. I don't think Jaylin has anything special to his game, at least for now. I know once summer workouts happen, they will become better conditioned and drop some of the fat. Still, serious talent is filling up that room, and I don't see how those guys can fend them off.   

I think Maurice might be the perfect Duck-R because that guy can run some routes.  He is going to put a lot of stress on defenses running and receiving.  And can we get new terminology?  Maybe Husk-R :D, instead of referring to some other team's mascot.

Wilbon did average 5.4 yards per carry, so I think the jury is still out on him.  Bradley was a little disappointing in that he didn't capitalize on his opportunities, but there could be a multitude of circumstances when you only see 1 practice.  Austin Rose again capitalized on his limited opportunities in a spring game.  I wonder what the deal is with him that he never moved up the depth chart.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, yort2000 said:

I think Maurice might be the perfect Duck-R because that guy can run some routes.  He is going to put a lot of stress on defenses running and receiving.  And can we get new terminology?  Maybe Husk-R :D, instead of referring to some other team's mascot.

Wilbon did average 5.4 yards per carry, so I think the jury is still out on him.  Bradley was a little disappointing in that he didn't capitalize on his opportunities, but there could be a multitude of circumstances when you only see 1 practice.  Austin Rose again capitalized on his limited opportunities in a spring game.  I wonder what the deal is with him that he never moved up the depth chart.  

Here is my issue with Wilbon. Aside from his body, he runs tentative. He doesn't just go. He stops his feet when contact comes. It is like he has stage fright and underperforms during games. If you watch his H.S. tape, you wonder where all that ability went. He looked phenomenal. 

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

We also might land Dedrick Mills (juco) - bigger back. Had over 700 rushing yards, 12 TD at G Tech as a freshman. I don't see us taking 3 but it's possible given our low RB scholly count next year 

Mills did  do well for a true frosh at GT and it would be good to have a physical back in the mix to provide thump like Royce Freeman did for the Oregon O. 

21 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If was just a hypothetical question they were asked. I think the chances of it actually happening are slim to none.

7 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

How many backs can we take in this class ? I know we lose 3 backs this year. I would love to see Johnson in this class. He looks special . 

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

Already have 1, starting to get CB’s for Johnson, and were really interested in Bivens and Hall. 

If if we took 3...

2019 would look like...

SR Bell

JR Bradley

SR Bryant

SO Jones

SO 

RFR- Moses Bryant (Frost told him if he got his work done he would be on scholly I think)

SO Washington

Bryant does have health concerns and Bryant could play another position and Jones isn’t a true RB. So it really wouldn’t be crazy to see Frost take 3 this cycle.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Rahmir Johnson [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic