Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska

Huskers44

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The issue I have with that completion percentage is if he is playing mop up duty- they are winning by 40. The other team is defeated and has given up and disinterested. Heck maybe they might have their backups in for experience. IMO. Plus Level of competition. The teams they are playing are not very good to start- then imagine their backups or defeated players playing. 

I don't really care. 75% completions is impressive in HS. The big thing for me is he has game experience running Frost's offense. 

25 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

A guy that completed 75% of his passes in mop up duty as a true freshman and has experience in Frost's offense? He would be a big addition to the QB room. Definitely worth a scholarship.

Agreed. I know people probably think this is stupid, but it's basically another teacher of Frost's offense. Plus, I think he would truly be a serviceable back-up, especially since he can already run the offense.

32 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You bring him in as a scholly guy.  One of POB/Gebbia will not be around for the fall IMO.  At worst, he will be 3rd sting in 2019.

2019 QB Chart

POB RsJr or Gebbia RsSo

A-Magic RsFR / SO

Vedral RsSO

Masker RsFR

2019 QB Recruit FR

Yup.

I hope neither of our QB's leave, but if I had to choose, POB goes and Gebbia stays.

7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You said absolutely nothing about Vedral. Absolutely nothing at all. I was trying to steer the conversation towards the actual THREAD TITLE.

I say this not as a mod, but a concerned citizen: take it to PMs, please. 

In terms of Vedral, he's worth a scholarship, especially if more than one QB leaves in the spring. 

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You said absolutely nothing about Vedral. Absolutely nothing at all. I was trying to steer the conversation towards the actual THREAD TITLE.

Trust me, we don't need you to steer the bus...  so are you suggesting that since the thread title is Noah, that no one can post their opinion about anything BUT noah EVEN in comparison..??  all we can do is praise Noah...???    HUH...!!  weird concept for an open forum...  seems a bit communist blocky to me..  but hey... I obviously don't understand... right..??

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Trust me, we don't need you to steer the bus...  so are you suggesting that since the thread title is Noah, that no one can post their opinion about anything BUT noah EVEN in comparison..??  all we can do is praise Noah...???    HUH...!!  weird concept for an open forum...  seems a bit communist blocky to me..  but hey... I obviously don't understand... right..??

I’m not in charge of anything here and you can do anything you’d like. I was actually trying to help you.

But it makes sense to discuss Noah here. No one is forcing you to praise Noah.

Merry Christmas!

I don't hate the thought of bringing in Vedral.  If Gebbia doesn't pan out for whatever reason or Martinez turns out to be really good there is a chance that Gebbia transfers (I agree with Scotty that Lee and POB probably transfer).  I think the QB position is going to be in serious flux for the next couple years as Frost brings his guys in.  If Vedral wants to come back home, sounds good to me.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

Worst case scenario Noah could switch positions and be a valuable member of the team. He’s a pretty versatile athlete if I recall correctly.

I agree.  There is nothing wrong with Noah coming back to Nebraska and trying to make it work out for NU.  He was good enough to be the backup behind Milton this year, and did pretty good when he played.  He will be good competition in the QB room for 2019, and as you mentioned, he's a good enough athlete to switch positions, if needed.

32 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I don't hate the thought of bringing in Vedral.  If Gebbia doesn't pan out for whatever reason or Martinez turns out to be really good there is a chance that Gebbia transfers (I agree with Scotty that Lee and POB probably transfer).  I think the QB position is going to be in serious flux for the next couple years as Frost brings his guys in.  If Vedral wants to come back home, sounds good to me.

Whose to say Vedral stays at the same position when he transfers? :dunno 

It's not like his coach has experience playing different positions on the field...

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Whose to say Vedral stays at the same position when he transfers? :dunno 

It's not like his coach has experience playing different positions on the field...

*shrugs* I'm just going off what he's done on the college level thus far.  If you want to go down the hypothetical rabbit hole and dream up gadget plays for him as a slot receiver when he hasn't transferred yet to Nebraska nor been asked to switch positions then knock yourself out.

• Mavric changed the title to Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska