Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska

Huskers44

30 minutes ago, sho said:

While I'm not doubting that, it begs the question of who else is gone?  I'm sure we'll hear a few more transfers soon, now that semester is over.

I think there are a few more candidates so it won't be surprising if 2-3 more leave.

I'd put Newell, Decker and Barnett at the top of my possibilities list.  Or maybe someone has a medical setback and calls it quits.  Or Washington doesn't make it.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think there are a few more candidates so it won't be surprising if 2-3 more leave.

I'd put Newell, Decker and Barnett at the top of my possibilities list.  Or maybe someone has a medical setback and calls it quits.  Or Washington doesn't make it.

But Newell had a good spring from all accounts - why do you think he'd leave?

13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

But Newell had a good spring from all accounts - why do you think he'd leave?

He was getting some work with Stoltenberg out.  But I don't think he's really in the rotation as of now.  And there were more KState rumblings after the Spring Game.

11 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Take it for what it’s worth (not much!) but I keep hearing rumors that “a senior RB” will leave, regardless of if we need a scholarship spot or not.

That wouldn't terribly surprise me when hearing comments about the running back room from Held. He made it no secret that the seniors were more featured in the spring and that the competition would be more open in the fall. Furthermore, he's been very frustrated about the group's lack of finishing and general play once they reach the second/third level. Our senior backs have been lacking in this department in their careers.

• Plus1 6
12 hours ago, Mavric said:

He was getting some work with Stoltenberg out.  But I don't think he's really in the rotation as of now.  And there were more KState rumblings after the Spring Game.

I hope he sticks it out. Not inconceivable that they go 8-9 deep up front rotating heavily and I think Newell can be a contributor.

• Plus1 2
On 5/18/2018 at 4:25 AM, brophog said:

That wouldn't terribly surprise me when hearing comments about the running back room from Held. He made it no secret that the seniors were more featured in the spring and that the competition would be more open in the fall. Furthermore, he's been very frustrated about the group's lack of finishing and general play once they reach the second/third level. Our senior backs have been lacking in this department in their careers.

The lack of inspiring play at that position since Ameer left has been troubling.

2 hours ago, OmahaPlaya said:

The lack of inspiring play at that position since Ameer left has been troubling.

What's been troubling is we excuse it because the playcalling and blocking have gotten worse since then, as if the back doesn't matter. Well, we know the playcalling will be there. I have hopes at least the starting 5 lineman round into form by the end of the year. We will eventually recruit the backs.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 months later...

3 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

The more available pieces the better. Probably further down the list of need, but never hurts. A hit or two away from needing a 2nd or 3rd guy to play.

He inserts himself immediately into the conversation of starter given him time in this offense.  

Just now, theknife said:

He become immediately in the conversation of starter given him time in this offense.  

It would be really fascinating if Vedral becomes eligible immediately.  NU could in theory rotate all 3 guys to see if someone separates or try and play each guy 4ish games each to maintain redshirts.  

• Plus1 1