JUCO Recruiting

On 1/15/2018 at 5:38 AM, BigRedBuster said:

That’s not the point of the tweet. It’s been said that Eichorst banned them from recruiting JUCOs. That’s clearly not the case. 

There is a difference between totally banning offers to JUCO's and discouraging offers to JUCO's, and I think Eichorst and the academic staff fall in the latter description.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Damn. I was hoping his last name was Aarnold. He could've been A-A-ron A-A-rnold :) 

Nice to see Kyler Reed still involved in football and Held keeping those JUCO connections solid! I may or may not be sipping some Kool-Aid this year guys

• Plus1 1

Some of these guys will still need a year to adjust to the game. I expect big production in 2019, when they’ve been in the system for a full year and are playing at full speed. Not that we can’t expect contributions this year or anything, just that it’s not panic worthy if it takes some time. It’s why JUCO transfers only make sense if you can bring them in in January in my opinion. Any later and it’s almost like wasting a year and a scholarship.

5 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Some of these guys will still need a year to adjust to the game. I expect big production in 2019, when they’ve been in the system for a full year and are playing at full speed. Not that we can’t expect contributions this year or anything, just that it’s not panic worthy if it takes some time. It’s why JUCO transfers only make sense if you can bring them in in January in my opinion. Any later and it’s almost like wasting a year and a scholarship.

I would be surprised if Woodyard,  bell, honas, and deontai are not starting or playing huge roles by conference play.  

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO Recruiting