Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Mavric

      *NEW* Husker Football Commits - DE Casey Rogers, RB Miles Jones, WR Dominick Watt   01/16/2018

      Huskers get a commitments from   Avon, Connecticut Defensive End Casey Rogers Fort Lauderdale, Florida Running Back/Wide Receiver Miles Jones Hollywood, Florida Wide Receiver Dominick Watt   See the 2018 Class   Who's Next?
    • Mavric

      The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup   01/17/2018

      The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup is now live! Click HERE to read the rules, and look in the Contest Crib for nomination and voting threads throughout the next several weeks.   This is a great opportunity to say "thanks!" to your fellow HuskerBoard members for keeping you informed or entertained throughout the past year. Nominate your favorite HuskerBoard member today!
ScottyIce

Juco Recruiting

Recommended Posts

On 12/29/2017 at 0:41 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I think Riley can coach, he just had a staff that could not develop players.

You think too much :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I never saw the downside of Jucos, and wandered why we didn't take more. K-State loved those guys, and they helped K-State win.

Some coaches feel like they don't want to invest a scholarship in a guy who is only going to contribute 1-2 years, plus they can be hard to get them cleared academically.

 

I think JUCO guys can be used to fill positions of need or bring in a playmaker (see Demorrio Williams, Randy Gregory, and Lavonte David).  Plus, if they don't pan out, they are usually gone within 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to fill out this class and then some. Rather than reaches out of HS I love these JUCO offers. If we screw up with a kid, at least it’s only a 2 year problem instead of 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

We need to fill out this class and then some. Rather than reaches out of HS I love these JUCO offers. If we screw up with a kid, at least it’s only a 2 year problem instead of 5.

I agree. Plus we need immediate help at certain positions and JUCOs are more physically ready year 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, famoustitles said:

Our wr room is really thin and young. . Adding Juco Woodyard and Williams helps with both those issues

I agree! I also believe we will take Watt or some other 2018 wideout recruit in this class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

 

Sure they made the offers, but the fact that they signed ZERO JUCO’s just goes to show the level of priority the previous staff gave to using JUCO’s to fill roster holes. Throwing offers out just as a last resort that won’t be there by the time they got around to it as they will all be committed by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Sure they made the offers, but the fact that they signed ZERO JUCO’s just goes to show the level of priority the previous staff gave to using JUCO’s to fill roster holes. Throwing offers out just as a last resort that won’t be there by the time they got around to it as they will all be committed by then.

That’s not the point of the tweet. It’s been said that Eichorst banned them from recruiting JUCOs. That’s clearly not the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 5:38 AM, BigRedBuster said:

That’s not the point of the tweet. It’s been said that Eichorst banned them from recruiting JUCOs. That’s clearly not the case. 

There is a difference between totally banning offers to JUCO's and discouraging offers to JUCO's, and I think Eichorst and the academic staff fall in the latter description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×