Huskers Offense Always in 'Attack Mode'

Mavric

Yes, spreadoffense is a great follow. They love this system.

Second, I find this a very timely post. Someone asked Greg Austin this very cryptic question that started out about tempo and power and I think ended up being more about formations. It didn't make much sense. But this is a great example of what power football is and isn't.

It isn't about personnel groupings. It is about angles and leverage and putting the other guy on his ass. You can do that out of empty just like you can two tights and a fullback.

Third, my favorite part is still that LB trying to anticipate the gap despite the fact he has no internal help. Talk about putting a defender in a bind. Just a great play.

2 hours ago, brophog said:

Third, my favorite part is still that LB trying to anticipate the gap despite the fact he has no internal help. Talk about putting a defender in a bind. Just a great play.

The linebacker shifted over to a good position to be blocked. Almost looks like the play could have been ran to the left with similar result.  Excited to see players in red running this offense. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 2:20 PM, brophog said:

The post I originally made that supposedly "didn't age well" didn't say they couldn't overcome it, it said it would be a problem. Auburn altered what UCF did offensively. They completely took away their running backs and rattled Milton. From the very onset of that game UCF had to change what they did to account for Auburn's talent up front.

The fact Milton ran for so many yards on scrambles doesn't disprove this point, it reaffirms it! The first TD, a scramble by Milton, was caused by UCF's left guard getting turnstiled. The long scramble in the 4th, UCF's center got blown up. That's two key runs where Auburn's interior pressure forced UCF to change called passing plays into QB scrambles. It's the very definition of a defensive line causing a problem.

That is not the dispute here...

The claim was: Auburn had such a gap of talent that they would roll UCF and it wouldn't even be close.