Way Too Early 2018 Depth Chart

BIG ERN

19 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Depth chart less than 2 weeks. What does everyone think of the edited first post? 

i think it looks about right.  I'm not really concerned about who starts at QB.  I think they will both play on a regular basis and both will struggle at times.  RB will be Bell, Washington, Zig, & Bryant and he will go with the hot hand. OL is pretty much set.  OLB starters don't really matter as it will depend on situation.  Gifford, Dixon, Ferguson, Alex Davis will all play.  Maybe even see some Colin Miller there.  Safety will be Tre Neal and Reed or D. Williams.  A. Williams will play some too if healthy enough.  I think the top 4 corners will be Jackson, Bootle, transfer kid, Cam Taylor, and maybe Eric Lee or the walk on kid at times.  I think one of the safeties will play nickel at times too.  

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

It will be interesting to see how both guys respond. Plenty of time between now and the first game for Martinez to catch up or perhaps for Gebbia to cement himself.

I wouldn't read anything into it. There have been reports of the order being flipped in other practices.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, brophog said:

I wouldn't read anything into it. There have been reports of the order being flipped in other practices.

And yet other reports say Gebbia is pulling ahead. As I said plenty of time, this thing is far from settled but I have my chips on Gebbia and thats not because of any news coming out of camp today.

• Plus1 2

SEEN: More clarity and definition with the defense in terms of a depth chart. The first group Wednesday consisted of Freedom Akinmoladun, Mick Stoltenberg and Ben Stille on the defensive line, Mohamed Barry and Dedrick Young at inside linebacker, Alex Davis and Tyrin Ferguson at outside linebacker, Lamar Jackson and Dicaprio Bootle at corner and Antonio Reed and Deontai Williams at safety. Second-team defensive linemen included Carlos Davis, Khalil Davis and Peyton Newell.

OWH

Here is another perspective from the same practice.

The three main competitors for the job -- redshirt freshman Tristan Gebbia, freshman Adrian Martinez and sophomore walk-on Andrew Bunch -- all continued to rotate through repetitions early in practice. Reporters did not see any live action but for a quick three snaps near the goal line. Each got a turn there. 

Typically either Gebbia or Martinez took the first crack, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves with any sweeping characterizations of the race, especially since none of the three had noticeably more or fewer turns. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rapid-reaction-observations-from-wednesday-morning-s-open-husker-practice/