Way Too Early 2018 Depth Chart

BIG ERN

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Where does TB fit in at RB if 100% healthy?  If those 3 are honestly better, we are in amazing shape at RB.  

Bryant has been limited in practice this week due to soreness.  I don't think they will push Bryant early in the season.  They will look for spots throughout this season, and see how his knees react.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Bryant has been limited in practice this week due to soreness.  I don't think they will push Bryant early in the season.  They will look for spots throughout this season, and see how his knees react.

It's really not an issue with how they rotate 3-4 guys, anyhow. Seems what we've thought would happen has happened, Bell emerging as the primary. So he gets the 10-15, then any concerns with Washington or Bryant are taken care of as the slide in after that. It's a 3-4 man position with each getting a few less carries as they fall on the depth chart. I would imagine we see similar to the last few seasons where more guys get opportunities early in the season and then the rotation shrinks as the season goes.

The only real curious part is Ozigbo, and unfortunately it seems those questions weren't in the video part of the interview. Is Ozigbo pushing his way to more playing time or are we hearing his name more because Bryant may not be able to handle the load. It's been pretty clear those 4 backs have kinda separated. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Or Ozigbo was 4th string until they had to sit out Bryant, which is what most people here thought he was anyway.

"4th string running back" doesn't really exist in Frost's offense.   At least not in the traditional sense. He uses that many.  

The point is Ozigbo continues to be mentioned among the top group and continues to receive some pretty high praise despite many writing him off since the day Frost signed.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Seems like Frost has a higher opinion of Ozigbo than many HuskerBoard posters.

I don't know whose opinion to trust.

I can't speak of anyone else, but my opinion is based on previous years. Frost's, whatever his opinion, is based on this year. 

Ozigbo busts some some big ones, I'll be right there posting about it. If he averages 3.8 ypc again, I won't have to talk about him because he won't be playing. That's the difference in last year vs this year.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Or Ozigbo was 4th string until they had to sit out Bryant, which is what most people here thought he was anyway.

I haven’t been high on Ozigbo but if he’s in much better shape and has earned playing time, then I will applaud him for that. But like you are saying, he’s 3rd or 4th strong (depending on Bryant’s health) so that puts him right where I thought he would be. Good for him that Frost rotates a lot of backs, and Ozigbo will probably get a few touches a game.

The one guy I am probably wrong on is Jaylin Bradley. Not sure if he’s struggling with his conditioning or what, but I expected him to thrive in this offense. It’s still early for him though, if he sticks it out. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Some folks on this board are gonna have a meltdown when Ozigbo is named team captain.

Lol. If he's a vocal guy, I'm all for it. I want vocal leaders that back up their talk. I want an Alvin Mack on our damn team!!!

Speaking of Ozigbo, he's gained an extra step but he's still 2 or 3 steps slower than the guys ahead of him.