OL Jarrett Bell [ASU -Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

79 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Bell Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 03:09 PM

Only thing that confuses me is how our numbers game is playing out.  We only have 6/7 spots left and we REALLY need a tackle.

Now, it's possible that the coaches think he can play tackle - maybe he's grown a bit since those numbers.  But all the services see him as a guard.  

14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Only thing that confuses me is how our numbers game is playing out.  We only have 6/7 spots left and we REALLY need a tackle.

Now, it's possible that the coaches think he can play tackle - maybe he's grown a bit since those numbers.  But all the services see him as a guard.  

I think with the new offense there might be less of a premium put on the prototypical tackle qualities with how much they will be pulling and what not. Could be wrong, but it might be possible our ideal tackle for this offense projects more to a pro style guard than a tackle.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Scott Tenorman said:

I think with the new offense there might be less of a premium put on the prototypical tackle qualities with how much they will be pulling and what not. Could be wrong, but it might be possible our ideal tackle for this offense projects more to a pro style guard than a tackle.

Kind of my thought here.   In a spread type offense, you need to be more mobile. Maybe they are looking for athletic linemen.  Could that also be why gates left?

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Perhaps the magic number isn't 6/7.

21 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

We also have 13 scholarship offensive line players plus Will Farniok and whoever else we get. Not sure they see OL as a big need then?

Overall we have good numbers.  But we only have four guys who were playing tackle last year and that counts Farniok who moved to guard in the middle of last season.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Overall we have good numbers.  But we only have four guys who were playing tackle last year and that counts Farniok who moved to guard in the middle of last season.

I think Farniok will stay at tackle. Also, is the plan for Walker (2017 class) to stay at OT (haven't really heard at where he projects after his RS season)?

Based on his measurables Bell could easily slide out to tackle. All in all, I do agree there appears to be a need at OT more so than on the inside. I'm thinking the staff feels Bell is a can't miss guy that they will make room for. 

45 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I think Farniok will stay at tackle. Also, is the plan for Walker (2017 class) to stay at OT (haven't really heard at where he projects after his RS season)?

Based on his measurables Bell could easily slide out to tackle. All in all, I do agree there appears to be a need at OT more so than on the inside. I'm thinking the staff feels Bell is a can't miss guy that they will make room for. 

I thought Chris Walker wanted to attempt and stay on the defensive line IIRC.  Can't argue the fact he definitely has the frame for an OT.

• Mavric changed the title to OL Jarrett Bell
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to OL Jarrett Bell [ASU -Signed LOI]