Offseason Workouts

spurs1990

...character will be revealed next year and the year following, the “talkers”from the “doers”will be able to be spotted..being a Organizational leader most of adult life in military, certain concepts and methodologies are the same regardless of the organization..

...I happened to take over Organization that had systemic , deep problems, it took about 2 years to weed out many, who was left rose to the occasion and organization took off for the better..where I’m going with this is this..changing attitude and creating a intense environment of perfection of the goal, never attained, however not Satisfied unless marching towards that goal take TIME..

..I do hope the boosters and fans simply leave Frost ALONE..and not jump all'over his every move...this Man is the guy to do what’s needed in Lincoln, my doubts are not in him, my uncertainty is more towards the boosters and select, not all, but some fans who will armchair QB his every move...which is not helpful to MR Frost in any way...He knows what he needs to do..

...character will be revealed next year and the year following, the “talkers”from the “doers”will be able to be spotted..being a Organizational leader most of adult life in military, certain concepts and methodologies are the same regardless of the organization..

...I happened to take over Organization that had systemic , deep problems, it took about 2 years to weed out many, who was left rose to the occasion and organization took off for the better..where I’m going with this is this..changing attitude and creating a intense environment of perfection of the goal, never attained, however not Satisfied unless marching towards that goal take TIME..

..I do hope the boosters and fans simply leave Frost ALONE..and not jump all'over his every move...this Man is the guy to do what’s needed in Lincoln, my doubts are not in him, my uncertainty is more towards the boosters and select, not all, but some fans who will armchair QB his every move...which is not helpful to MR Frost in any way...He knows what he needs to do..

2 hours ago, Depressed Husker said:

I am hoping that Moos understands that one of his primary functions is to insulate Frost from the meddlers (Boosters). 

Just wanted to check in and see if the player's were working harder than they ever have and are in the best shape of their lives yet?  I think we saw this same work effort and improvement in both 2007 and 2014 as well.  I'm hopeful the new S&C coach can yield similar player sentiments this time around.

Edited by dspanther05
1 hour ago, dspanther05 said:

Just wanted to check in and see if the player's were working harder than they ever have and are in the best shape of their lives yet?  I think we saw this same work effort and improvement in both 2007 and 2014 as well.  I'm hopeful the new S&C coach can yield similar player sentiments this time around.

Dont forget how the new defense is really gonna let the front 7 loose. No more thinking they are just gonna play now. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry....total and complete brain fart on my part.  I meant Epley.  

Epley has been over seeing Philip for the last few years.  Do you think he has totally forgotten how to train football players and what the system should look like?

That is false. Boyd Epley and Mike Arthur were basically cut off from the football S and C program. They oversaw the other programs but the football coaches basically ignored their advice. All incoming freshmen have to be  tested to get a baseline for their athletic abilities. And from freshman year to now some athletes actually regressed instead of improving.

Also, Mark Phillip has never been able to pass the tests to get his liscencing to actually be a strength and conditioning coach. He is literally not qualified to be a strength and conditioning coach...

So yes a lot of the problem was our strength and conditioning program. But that was obvious just by watching the games.

Mike Riley’s regime was a complete mess in every sense of the word. Going back to a comment Bill Moose made in a press conference, players left messed on busses and planes after games which shows a lack of basic discipline. The locker room was a disaster after games as well as before with reports that players would have girls in the locker room even before games.

• Plus1 1

On 12/30/2017 at 4:55 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

There was no accountability under Riley’s leadership. “Favorite” players were able to skip workouts, starters had no fear of losing their jobs due to poor play, and the coaching staff didn’t know if they were accountable to Riley or Devaney or Eichorst. The whole thing was a complete mess. 

At my college if you missed a workout for the next 5 days you had “dawn patrol”. 5am running up every basketball step in our coliseum. And your position coach had to be there too. Trust me, if your position coach has to get up at 4:30am to run your ass you weren’t missing any more workouts. Accountability can happen. 

Edited by I am I
  • Plus1 1

Epley and Arthur were pushing for Phillip to include metabolic circuit training and their request was just flat out ignored. Reports now are that players have already started doing this type of training. Or at least that it’s what they will start doing when they get back on campus. 

We we are going to see a vastly improved, faster, and more physical team next fall.