Tanner Lee Declares for NFL Draft

Lee in the Draft  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Without looking at stats, how much better do you think Josh Rosen played than Tanner Lee this year?

I honestly can say the games I’ve watched, it wasn’t that much better. I’ll be kinda surprised if Rosen turns into a good NFL QB.

I looked at stats.

Tanner was 18th in Passing Attempts, not in the Top 20 in Completions, Completion Percentage, Passing Yards, YPA, or Passing Touchdowns. He was tied for 1st Place - in INTs for the year. 

Rosen was Top 20 in Completions, Attempts (12th compared to 18th for Lee), Passing Yards, Passing Touchdowns, Total Yards & Total Yards Per Play.

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I looked at stats.

Tanner was 18th in Passing Attempts, not in the Top 20 in Completions, Completion Percentage, Passing Yards, YPA, or Passing Touchdowns. He was tied for 1st Place - in INTs for the year. 

Rosen was Top 20 in Completions, Attempts (12th compared to 18th for Lee), Passing Yards, Passing Touchdowns, Total Yards & Total Yards Per Play.

Dammit I said no stats!

5 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

he will be someone's 3 year project..........he has to learn to read through his progressions and stop throwing picks.......

He won’t be invested as a NFL project. He could be drafted as a guy who can be an option as a #2 or #3 quarterback, because he has a strong arm, good size, and knowledge of playing in a NFL system in college.

This is best for everyone. Lee is not a fit for Frost's offense, and NU benefits from gaining a scholarship. Some NFL team may take him for insurance. It is too bad that Lee has the distinction of being the starting QB for the worst Husker team in over 50 years.

I can't find the quote, but a career NFL backup QB said it was the best job in the world. You get a front row seat to every game of your favorite team, you get a nice paycheck, and you do not have to take a pounding.

Edited by MichiganDad3
21 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

This is best for everyone. Lee is not a fit for Frost's offense, and NU benefits from gaining a scholarship. Some NFL team may take him for insurance. It is to bad that Lee has the distinction of being the starting QB for the worst Husker team in over 50 years.

Lee chose to come play for Riley, so that decision is on him too.

Even if he makes a practice squad it's good.  Look at a situation like the Houston Texans......

I echo the sentiment of a lot of posters in that I think Lee gets drafted.  I can't remember where I heard it but Kyle Shanahan said the only thing you can evaluate with college QBs nowadays is arm talent and the rest is a bit of a guessing game.  The great thing for Lee is he has a cannon and I would think he's going to look great in his pro day workouts.  It's all going to come down to the system he gets drafted into.  If a guy like TJ Yates can gets some run in the NFL, Lee certainly can too.

Lee was better than what his stats say at Nebraska. He had a poor oline to protect him, no running game to help him out, and defenses knew he had to pass.

Hell, there were only a handful of scholarship guys he could throw the ball too. Not to take anything away from our walk on TEs, but Lee had to carry the offense and had two receivers, Morgan and Spielman, to work with. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

lee is no worse than nathan peterman and he went in the fifth round and i believe had a higher grade than that....nfl is desperate for pro style qbs

Peterman completed 60% of his passes with 47/17 TD/Int on 662 attempts.

Lee completed 55% of his passes with 46/37 TD/Int on 1040 attempts.

• Plus1 2