Tanner Lee Declares for NFL Draft

Lee in the Draft  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Husker John said:

I wish Tanner the best , but I really don't see him getting drafted.

I tend to agree with this ^^^.

However, I could see him getting drafted in the 6th or 7th round simply because he's been in a west coast offense.  Familiarity with a west coast offense will give him a slight advantage in the meeting room when being asked questions by NFL scouts, coaches, and general managers.

Best of luck though, Tanner.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Peterman completed 60% of his passes with 47/17 TD/Int on 662 attempts.

Lee completed 55% of his passes with 46/37 TD/Int on 1040 attempts.

that's nice but based on how they look in a tshirt and shorts, peterman is likely no better than lee.  i'm not saying i would draft lee, i wouldn't.  but the way the nfl evaluates qbs is flawed.  by the stats peterman has a similar qb rating to mitch trubisky but thats obviously not how they were evaluated.

12 hours ago, Red Five said:

Peterman completed 60% of his passes with 47/17 TD/Int on 662 attempts.

Lee completed 55% of his passes with 46/37 TD/Int on 1040 attempts.

That 60% is key. That's why Connor Cook pitched a tent in the green room while so many thought he'd be a first round draft pick. 

5% in this case is huge. Completion percentage in college doesn't correlate 1:1 with the pros. A 70% guy in college isn't necessarily a 70% guy in the NFL. But guys below 60% have a very high failure rate at the next level. Numerically speaking, it's the bottom threshold and a key number to watch. 

Personally, I don't think Lee gets drafted. Maybe someone takes a late round flier, but his arm isn't good enough to overcome his weaknesses. He's too consistent to think he's going to change much. 

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Fortunately for him this is going to be a weak class at qb.   I could easily see him being one of the first 5 qbs taken, which will bode well for him.  

I’m not a NFL Draft expert but with Lamar Jackson, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Mason Rudolph, that’s already 5 guys that would be drafted ahead of Lee. I don’t see Lee in the top 15 of QBs drafted. 

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m not a NFL Draft expert but with Lamar Jackson, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Mason Rudolph, that’s already 5 guys that would be drafted ahead of Lee. I don’t see Lee in the top 15 of QBs drafted. 

Josh Allen is in there as well.  QB class is super weird this year for the NFL.  It wouldn't shock me if Darnold came back for another year for some reason.  The combine will be interesting for QBs.

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Josh Allen is in there as well.  QB class is super weird this year for the NFL.  It wouldn't shock me if Darnold came back for another year for some reason.  The combine will be interesting for QBs.

There were 15 QB's invited to the NFL combine in 2017, so it will be interesting to see if Lee is even invited.

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Personally, I don't think Lee gets drafted. Maybe someone takes a late round flier, but his arm isn't good enough to overcome his weaknesses. He's too consistent to think he's going to change much. 

Are you referencing more his overall ability to throw or his arm strength? Seems like most reviews I've seen of him praise his physical arm strength.

My concern with him has always been decision making. I don't think it's there at a high enough level to compete in the NFL.

• Plus1 1