Tanner Lee Declares for NFL Draft

Lee in the Draft  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i have no idea why a team would draft lee. 10-26 career record. 55% completion. 46-37 td/int ratio. no mobility.

Someone is going to convince themselves it's everyone's fault but his.  That was the reason he sucked at Tulane and why he was going to be a #1 draft pick after playing a year at Nebraska.

Obviously that wasn't anywhere close to reality, but it's different this time somehow!

• Plus1 1
On December 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM, huskerfan333157 said:

Trevor simiem threw for 7 tds and 11 ints his senior year and he still got drafted in the 7th round.  NFL teams think they can mold a quarterback as long as he has the intangibles and the physical skillset (lee has those).  I think he will be drafted in the 6th or 7th round.

Simeien can run a little bit as well.  That was his intangible.  Most NFL teams will take a chance on a guy who can throw and move around the pocket some.  Lee just doesn't have alot of those things in his favor.  I hope he gets drafted in the later rounds, because he can't be as bad as other QB's already playing, but then again, he might not be any better than those guys either.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:22 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm not saying Lee will get drafted high, or at all, but if turnovers are a part of it, then why is USC's Sam Darnold predicted to be such a high pick - he had more turnovers than Lee did.  I do think Tanner will at least get a look.  Wish him the best of luck.

I think 23 this year alone between INT's and fumbles.......

Watching a lot of games this weekend, Hornibrook and McSorley looked the best.  Rudolph from Okie St as well.

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think 23 this year alone between INT's and fumbles.......

Watching a lot of games this weekend, Hornibrook and McSorley looked the best.  Rudolph from Okie St as well.

It will be interesting to see if Hornibrook can continue to progress next season.  He was pretty shaky for a lot of this season, with a lot of interceptions.  But, if he plays like he did last night, Wisconsin is pretty tough to beat.

• 3 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Tanner Lee was on Jim Rome this morning. Heard the tease but didn't get to hear the segment.

But that's a serious national forum for a QB who went 4-8 with the 54th-best QB Rating.

I get the feeling Tanner already has influential people lined up in his corner. 

Tanner’s Dad (and Grandfather) played college football, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the Lees have contacts in the NFL.  Remember how those NFL scouts were putting out all that positive press about Tanner before the season? I am sure those were done as a favor to Tanner’s dad, in order to pump up his draft stock. 

Well Zac Lee's father played in the NFL, and I don't think anyone went out of their way for his boy.

I don't think the chatter out of the Manning Camp was a favor, either. I think some respected folks reallly liked Tanner's arm. 

If you're a scout, your reputation is all you have. I don't think you pump up anyone as a favor. Jim Rome could care less about Tanner Lee's dad. 

So maybe Tanner has an NFL thing that got wasted in the NCAA.  I wish him luck, but I'm thinking if he got that rattled on Saturday's, he's going to get killed on Sundays.

• Plus1 2