Tanner Lee Declares for NFL Draft

Lee in the Draft  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Tanner is drafted in the late rounds. He won't start at first, but he could end up being a surprise in a few years.

How many QB's are there that have sort of gone under the radar in the NFL, gone to Canada or Europe and then come back to be superstars? I give him a decent shot at that trajectory and I hope he does at least that well or better.

Tanner inherited a tough situation at NU, made the best of it, and exited when that time was up with a new coaching staff. He has a stellar arm and many of the incompletions were on receivers. When you get hit in the chest, right between the numbers, you should catch that ball. Too often our guys did not. Not his fault.

Edited by Flood
  • Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Flood said:

I think Tanner is drafted in the late rounds. He won't start at first, but he could end up being a surprise in a few years.

How many QB's are there that have sort of gone under the radar in the NFL, gone to Canada or Europe and then come back to be superstars? I give him a decent shot at that trajectory and I hope he does at least that well or better.

Tanner inherited a tough situation at NU, made the best of it, and exited when that time was up with a new coaching staff. He has a stellar arm and many of the incompletions were on receivers. When you get hit in the chest, right between the numbers, you should catch that ball. Too often our guys did not. Not his fault.

Unfortunately too often  the opposing team caught his passes. I think he'll go late rounds as well

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I'd like to see what he can do behind a decent line. Maybe it's more of the same from Tulane and NU, or, maybe it won't be. I look forward to finding out.

I think that's where we're going to see a lot of opinions in relation to Tanner Lee i.e. 'give him all the tools and he can be a pretty good player.'

The issue is he has performed similarly across multiple years and different universities. He has never proven he can make up for some team deficiencies. I anticipate his ceiling would be as a career backup but there's nothing wrong with that.

• Plus1 3

You really gotta wonder about the QBs taken this year.  After day 1, Allen didn't exactly light things on fire.  He already has scouts and such questioning his accuracy (he is a 56% passer).  Tanner Lee was a turnover machine, but was he really that much different than Darnold?  Darnold didn't throw to the other team as much, but he sure can't seem to keep control of the ball.  Mayfield might very well be the cream of the crop, but is he even 6'0" tall?  If a team is willing to overlook the fact that Allen has accuracy problems, I would assume they would do the same with Lee.  I think Lee will be drafted much higher than most NU fans.   

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

He's performed similarly behind similar lines across multiple years and two universities.

Don Strock and Dave Humm had pretty lengthy careers as back ups in the NFL and like you said, there is nothing wrong with that.

You can make alot of money and save your body quite a bit of wear and tear. Not a bad career choice.

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You can make alot of money and save your body quite a bit of wear and tear. Not a bad career choice.

And you can even make money while not playing for a team!

Jimmy Garoppolo made $79,000 for the Pats making the Super Bowl. He'll get another $112,000 if they win and half that much if they lose. What a life!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/22/jimmy-garoppolo-new-england-patriots-super-bowl-lii-bonus

• Plus1 1