QB Jamarye Joiner [Arizona - Signed LOI]

Mavric

44 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

do you think we made this offer because lee is officially gone?

I think Frost has known for a little while. We were telling Marcus Riley weeks ago he could give QB a try. I think the staff has just had some time to evaluate other QB options after thinking they had Riley in the bag, now you see this and Cam Taylor offers.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I think Frost has known for a little while. We were telling Marcus Riley weeks ago he could give QB a try. I think the staff has just had some time to evaluate other QB options after thinking they had Riley in the bag, now you see this and Cam Taylor offers.

Probably didn't want to spook Martinez. I know they told him they might take two, but a full court press on another kid might have sent a strong message.

4 hours ago, theknife said:

Probably didn't want to spook Martinez. I know they told him they might take two, but a full court press on another kid might have sent a strong message.

He wasn't going to get spooked

Having said that, if a player is spooked by competition I would rather not see them on the team.

Edited by StPaulHusker
  • Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

He wasn't going to get spooked

Having said that, if a player is spooked by competition I would rather not see them on the team.

You're right he wasn't going to get spooked. Proof? We thought we had a second QB in the bag at that first signing day that went to Louisville. This kid knows that we want two and he's obviously fine with that and confident in his ability to win the job.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, theknife said:

They went full court press on Riley, he committed to them before he left visit. Martinez doesn't care, they told him from the start and he embraced it. We'll go full court press on others now, including Jamarye.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Jamarye Joiner [Arizona - Signed LOI]