Resale Value of Season Tickets?

Jamesla30

For those of you that have season tickets and for whatever reason end up re-selling most or all of them -- do you tend to break even on your donation+ticket price, make a little money, or lose money? Please let me know what section as well. I would think the more expensive sections probably lose more money compared to cheaper sections.

I would appreciate any info!

Edited by Jamesla30
  • Plus1 1

Your season ticket privileges can be revoked for selling higher than face value.

But before I had season tickets, the last game I paid out the nose for was Michigan State in 2015. I think i paid $150/each plus fees through Stub Hub.

EDIT: Section 36C, Row 72

Edited by txschutte
  • Plus1 1

I think I spent 1300 last year on everything for 2 tickets in section 15. 

I went to 3/7 games.

I sold other games for a combined $700.

Reminder that we were awful and I had to eat a little on the Iowa tickets. It probably should’ve been closer to $850 recouped from Games I didn’t attend.

In summary, I paid 600 for 2 tickets to Wisconsin, Ohio State and Northwestern for the season. If we were competitive it very easily could’ve been $450.

• Plus1 1

Trying to sell unused season tickets and making up the donation is a losing proposition IMO.  I have never been able to do it with a $500/ticket donation.  Maybe if NU gets back to winning 10-12 games a year you could do it, but increased stadium size and decrease demand over the past 10 years hasn't helped.

I have/had extra tix for some games ive tried to sell over the last few years. I ended up not selling them most of the time b/c couldnt get even close to face for them usually (7th row center north endzone). I usually just ate them and enjoyed the extra room. I couldnt even give them away to friends with free food and beer tailgating before the game. But, im hoping this wont be a problem now. But i highly doubt you can ever recoup ticket price plus donation if you give even a small donation. But as someone said, if we start competing for championships again it may be possible as being at the game, inside the stadium, will be the place to be.

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

I have/had extra tix for some games ive tried to sell over the last few years. I ended up not selling them most of the time b/c couldnt get even close to face for them usually (7th row center north endzone). I usually just ate them and enjoyed the extra room. I couldnt even give them away to friends with free food and beer tailgating before the game. But, im hoping this wont be a problem now. But i highly doubt you can ever recoup ticket price plus donation if you give even a small donation. But as someone said, if we start competing for championships again it may be possible as being at the game, inside the stadium, will be the place to be.

So, just to play this out. (You’ll have to reference my prior post)

Say I sell my Ohio State Tickets and Wisconsin Tickets in August when they were going for 200+ per seat. (I’ll say 200)

Instead of those two I attended Iowa and Rutgers games. ( I sold those for a combined 260)

Now If that would’ve happened, i would’ve been paid $90 to attend NW, Rutgers and Iowa Games. So it is possible, but next year you’d probably have to sell the premiere games against Colorado and Michigan State.

53 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

So, just to play this out. (You’ll have to reference my prior post)

Say I sell my Ohio State Tickets and Wisconsin Tickets in August when they were going for 200+ per seat. (I’ll say 200)

Instead of those two I attended Iowa and Rutgers games. ( I sold those for a combined 260)

Now If that would’ve happened, i would’ve been paid $90 to attend NW, Rutgers and Iowa Games. So it is possible, but next year you’d probably have to sell the premiere games against Colorado and Michigan State.

But then you'd have to explain to somebody why in the hell you would sell tOSU and Wiscy and opt to attend Rutgers & Iowa. Nobody in their right mind would do that unless they just don't like football. Nebraska's home schedule has been kinda light on premier games so I don't see that being very realistic.

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

But then you'd have to explain to somebody why in the hell you would sell tOSU and Wiscy and opt to attend Rutgers & Iowa. Nobody in their right mind would do that unless they just don't like football. Nebraska's home schedule has been kinda light on premier games so I don't see that being very realistic.

Well hypothetically, someone could have something going on those weekends (only stupid people have weddings during football season)

I sell all of my tickets but one game every year.  I've been doing this for the last five seasons.  I make enough on the resale to pay for the one home game and to pay for a trip to see them on the road.  I do not have a seat donation however.  So on average figure a 10 to 20 percent profit above what you pay not counting the donation.  With the donation expect to lose money until Frost turns this thing around.