Peach Bowl Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Man I am excited to see the difference this staff will make with the Huskers. It is going to be like watching a completely different team and that is a very good thing. The desire to compete alone is going to be amazing. They are going toe to toe with a very good SEC Auburn team where it is obvious they are undersized and out manned and, if Milton was on his game, they would actually be pulling away from them. Not to take anything away from the UCF players but this is a direct result of coaching and team chemistry and culture building. No doubt in my mind it will happen for us I have no concerns about toxins or buy in because I just cannot imagine it could be a problem and, if it is, this staff simply will not tolerate it like our last couple coaches have. Nebraska is back baby.

Yep.  Exactly why I think Nebraska will "turn around" faster than most people think. I don't think many realize just how bad the coaching has been the last three years.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Man I am excited to see the difference this staff will make with the Huskers. It is going to be like watching a completely different team and that is a very good thing. The desire to compete alone is going to be amazing. They are going toe to toe with a very good SEC Auburn team where it is obvious they are undersized and out manned and, if Milton was on his game, they would actually be pulling away from them. Not to take anything away from the UCF players but this is a direct result of coaching and team chemistry and culture building. No doubt in my mind it will happen for us I have no concerns about toxins or buy in because I just cannot imagine it could be a problem and, if it is, this staff simply will not tolerate it like our last couple coaches have. Nebraska is back baby.

Im in full agreement with you.  I think we will see some kids leave because they wont like being told do it my way or gtfo.  We have some soft kids on our current squad so it will be at least 2 years before the turn around in my mind.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Army_Allen said:

How does ucf still have 2 timeouts? They called on on 3rd down on offense, challenged a play and also called one on defense right there on 4th down....

On the challenge play it was initially shown as a UCF challenge on the screen, then later it was shown as Official Review.  Not sure what happened there and I don't recall what was

said by the announcers right before the challenge procedure.  I was listening at about 80 percent of capacity at that point LOL.

In any event no one can argue that Frost and UCF brilliantly used the clock to close the first half.  It will be really great to see much improved clock management in Lincoln in 2018!

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Im in full agreement with you.  I think we will see some kids leave because they wont like being told do it my way or gtfo.  We have some soft kids on our current squad so it will be at least 2 years before the turn around in my mind.

I agree that some kids will leave, perhaps a lot of them. This staff will require hard work and dedication. But IMO, the turn around will be fast. We have enough athletes, and some Jucos.

4 minutes ago, cdhrk3 said:

Not entirely sure where this should go.  But, apparently the daughter of a counselor at my school is dating Milton.  She said he is following Frost to NU.  I'll find out more once school gets back in session.

It's not in his best interest to do that at all, but hey, if that's what he wants, then go for it.  It will be awfully hard for him to win back a starting job after sitting out a year with POB/Gebbia/Martinez as a starter for 2018.

4 minutes ago, cdhrk3 said:

Not entirely sure where this should go.  But, apparently the daughter of a counselor at my school is dating Milton.  She said he is following Frost to NU.  I'll find out more once school gets back in session.

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I find that hard to believe.  

IDK....it was also hard to believe the entire staff came with him too....just sayin. Watching this team play quite a few times this season I can sure see the appeal of playing and working with Frost. Let’s hope it’s true.