Peach Bowl Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  Exactly why I think Nebraska will "turn around" faster than most people think. I don't think many realize just how bad the coaching has been the last three years.

Agreed.  I truly believe we will win the games we "should win", and be competitive in most of the others right away.  Right off the top of my head, I can't think of a game in the last 3 years where we were in control going into halftime.  

1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

It's not in his best interest to do that at all, but hey, if that's what he wants, then go for it.  It will be awfully hard for him to win back a starting job after sitting out a year with POB/Gebbia/Martinez as a starter for 2018.

He won’t have to sit out a season.  Kids could transfer when a coaching staff leaves if Understand the rule correctly.

1 minute ago, Comfortably Numb said:

IDK....it was also hard to believe the entire staff came with him too....just sayin. Watching this team play quite a few times this season I can sure see the appeal of playing and working with Frost. Let’s hope it’s true.

Like dilly dilly stated, why would he come in, redshirt, and then hope to get the starting job when he has it at UCF?  It's possible i guess but who knows.

1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I dont think that's correct.  Grad transfers maybe, but not underclassmen.  Otherwise we would have seen Tanner Lee a year earlier.

Yeah, i think youre right.  The NCAA can opt to give them the ability to play right away but they wont unless something like violations committed by previous players and such but I dont think he could play right away.

3 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Like dilly dilly stated, why would he come in, redshirt, and then hope to get the starting job when he has it at UCF?  It's possible i guess but who knows.

You are correct, this is from the NCAA website:

Q: Can student-athletes transfer without penalties if a coach leaves the program?

A: A student-athlete can transfer at any time, subject to the regular transfer rules. Those rules are not waived if a coach leaves a program.

• Plus1 1