Peach Bowl Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, lo country said:

That was classic.  Grabs him, pulls him back and pushes towards the D.  Great coaching.  It also showed me the respect/relationship the staff has with the team. The player didn't evenly back, went right back to his spot on D.  

I am excited for next year to see what Frost and Co can do.

You probably did very well!

I did very, very well.

turns out +165 is good odds

im just glad this game is over so the coaches can be here full time. i really could care less about what ucf does.

the fact that nebraska fans are acting like we won the national championship shows how sad our program has become.

i hope frost is the guy to turn things around.

and also there's no way POB sticks around. no chance he can be effective in frost's system.

Edited by BoSolich

I still haven’t heard any of the talk show guys talking about the real problem of the P5 monopoly, that the non P5 teams have a tough time recruiting against P5 teams because top recruits are told they have no chance of playing for the championship with a non P5 team.

An 8 team playoff will at least give them that chance.

Coach Frost is everything, man. I won the most-inspirational award last night and he told me I’m like one of his sons,” Moore said in the locker room afterward as he fought back tears. “That man is such a special dude. Nebraska players don’t know what they’re getting from that guy. He’s such a cool, nice dude. It’s more than football with Coach Frost. You can see why everybody is crying in the locker room. I don’t think we’ll ever come across a guy that cares so much about his players like he did.

“After the game, I didn’t even celebrate because I was happy, I knew all along we were going to win, but my dad man … so many people tell me he’s here with me, but I just want him physically, you know. I just wear this [chain with a pendant of Bam and his dad] around my neck every day and I just wish he was here with me. I just take it day by day.”

14 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

This game gave a big black eye to the playoff committee. Alabummer could not beat Auburn, but still makes the playoffs. Undefeated UCF whips Auburn, the sec is exposed, but still gets two teams in the playoffs. The AAC, PAC and BIG are frozen out of the playoffs. What a travesty.

Could not agree more; sometimes college football takes a step backwards.  

I will I’ll not be watching the National Championship this year- which I have not done since LSU vs. Alabama.

12 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I still haven’t heard any of the talk show guys talking about the real problem of the P5 monopoly, that the non P5 teams have a tough time recruiting against P5 teams because top recruits are told they have no chance of playing for the championship with a non P5 team.

An 8 team playoff will at least give them that chance.

4 team should've been enough to give them a chance this year. I don't care if Alabama could beat every team in the country 9 times out of 10...they didn't earn their spot this year. If ever there was a season to let an undefeated non p5 school in, this was it. The committee blew it.

• Plus1 1

I finally just watched this game last night as I have been busy moving.  UCF was 0-12 in 2015 and 2 years later they go 13-0 with a victory over Auburn in their bowl game.  Just unbelievable if you really think about it.

Now the man responsible for that incredible/amazing turn around is our new head coach.   

3 hours ago, irafreak said:

4 team should've been enough to give them a chance this year. I don't care if Alabama could beat every team in the country 9 times out of 10...they didn't earn their spot this year. If ever there was a season to let an undefeated non p5 school in, this was it. The committee blew it.

It’s a Catch 22...they can’t be good enough for the final 4 because look at their recruits and the teams they play/ why should top recruits go there if they can’t play for a championship?

It’s a rigged system designed to benefit the Nation-State  teams with the tv contracts and mega donors.

• Plus1 1

On 1/2/2018 at 6:03 PM, suh_fan93 said:

UCF was 0-12 in 2015 and 2 years later they go 13-0 with a victory over Auburn in their bowl game.  Just unbelievable if you really think about it.

UCF won 31 games the prior 3 years but couldn't win a game the following year.

- UCF was 10-4 in 2012, lost C-USA conference championship game, won bowl game

- UCF was 12-1 in 2013, outright conference champ with an 8-0 record first year in AAC, Fiesta Bowl win over B12C Baylor
- UCF was 9-4 in 2014, co-conference champion with a 7-1 record second year in AAC, bowl lost

- UCF was 0-12 in 2015

Just about as unbelievable if you really think about it.

• Plus1 1