Accepting apologies from people who said UCF doesn't deserve to be in the playoff

ATS Knight

UCF still didn't deserve a playoff spot. 

58 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Should post the same thing on SECRant! Personally, I think UCF should've got a shot. Also, would love to see how Finebaum responds to the loss, I'm sure he'll give an SEC trademark response about the game not meaning anything, since it wasn't a playoff game.

It's been posted several times today.

Based off their performance today, beating a team that beat 2 teams in the playoff, I would say they deserved a spot more than Alabama did.  But Nick Saban etc etc.  No clue if they could have beaten a Clemson or an Oklahoma, but I think they deserved to be in it just as much as any of the other teams left out.

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

And your strength of schedule was terrible. Your ranking should have been higher and you played a great game today but you did not deserve a playoff spot.

I'm completely baffled that there are still doubters. All season it's been, "If you played a SEC team, you would see what real football is," "Alabama and Georgia didn't go undefeated, but they had to play teams like Auburn, not SMU". Then we beat Auburn and it's "your strength of schedule was too low". 

We took advantage of the only opportunities we had to play P5 teams and won! What more could you want?

You're basically saying that there is no possible way for a Group of 5 team to be better than a P5 team and you're pretty happy with that. I understand why it's in your best interest to be biased and pretend that a good team could never come from those conferences, but is there not a sliver of objectivity in there?

We beat all comers. And the team that should have exposed that we didn't belong got exposed. 

25 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

You're basically saying that there is no possible way for a Group of 5 team to be better than a P5 team and you're pretty happy with that. . 

I'm not saying G5 teams have no chance, just that they have very little chance. If you want a shot at that chance you have to have multiple seasons of sustained success and a willingness to schedule quality P5 opponents as your out of conference opponents (see what Boise and TCU used to do). GT and Maryland are two tiers beneath what you would need to schedule.

25 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

All season it's been, "If you played a SEC team, you would see what real football is," "Alabama and Georgia didn't go undefeated, but they had to play teams like Auburn, not SMU". Then we beat Auburn and it's "your strength of schedule was too low". 

Most of the criticism was based on SoS, I saw very little of that talk you're citing. I'm sure it happened and you can link it, but at the end of the day they're the same argument and it's still valid. You didn't play nearly a difficult enough schedule. 

...and of course there's a P5 bias, look at the committee composition. G5 schools/conferences have nobody at the table.

And the team that should have exposed that we didn't belong got exposed. 

It was your Super Bowl and their consolation bowl. Malzahn has a history of under-performing and coaching letdown games, even in a good season like they had this year they still had Mercer and LSU games...but congrats just the same. 

Edited by Excel
1 minute ago, Excel said:

I'm not saying G5 teams have no chance, just that they have very little chance. If you want a shot at that chance you have to have multiple seasons of sustained success and a willingness to schedule quality P5 opponents as your out of conference opponents (see what Boise and TCU used to do). GT and Maryland are two tiers beneath what you would need to schedule.

Most of the criticism was based on SoS, I saw very little of that talk you're citing. I'm sure it happened and you can link it, but at the end of the day they're the same argument and it's still valid. You didn't play nearly a difficult enough schedule. 

...and of course there's a P5 bias, look at the committee composition. G5 schools/conferences have nobody at the table.

I think the thing that P5 fans miss is that we CAN'T schedule better teams. Top tier schools schedule creampuff teams for OOC in arrangements that are unacceptable for any decent team. The only P5 teams that will schedule 1and1s with us are the GT's and Maryland's of the world. Our only hope then is that the teams that WILL schedule us have a really solid year, otherwise, it's your strength of schedule is too low. 

One Gator fan told me that if we wanted to be in the playoff we should just get into a better conference. Thanks for the advice.

So the teams that refuse to schedule us are the same ones that say we don't play a difficult enough schedule, then brush off our victories.

50 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

What?!? No! Can there still truly be doubters??

Lord, I pray that you would remove the scales from this man's eyes and that the truth would set him free. We pray for deliverance from evil thoughts. Amen. 

Leave the bible and Saul's baptism out of it...and for crying out loud learn how to win gracefully...next year you will most likely be back in the realm of obscurity...