Nick Gates

Red Five

6 minutes ago, Geeboo07 said:

After watching Gate’s sometimes pathetic efforts during games this year, I am shocked anyone would draft him.

After watching Gate’s sometimes pathetic efforts during games this year, I am shocked anyone would draft him.

Well said

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

If rumors on the radio are to be believed, more than one coach tried getting after Gates for his lack of WE, but were called off by HCMR. 

If this rumor is true and in time some of the truth will come out,  I am more convinced that Mike Riley, Shaun Eichorst and Perlmann were here to sabotage this program. I can almost understand an admin not realizing what it takes to have a winning program.  For a long time head coach and an AD making over 1 mil to make some of the decisions they made, could not have been worse if they were trying to blow it up.  I'm sure Texas was involved somewhere!  :sarcasm

Not trying to divert the thread.  I have to wonder who Gates has talked to about his value to the NFL after the last two years.  Has he been talking to the aquarium guy or the cable guy?

9 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

If this rumor is true and in time some of the truth will come out,  I am more convinced that Mike Riley, Shaun Eichorst and Perlmann were here to sabotage this program. I can almost understand an admin not realizing what it takes to have a winning program.  For a long time head coach and an AD making over 1 mil to make some of the decisions they made, could not have been worse if they were trying to blow it up.  I'm sure Texas was involved somewhere!  :sarcasm

Not trying to divert the thread.  I have to wonder who Gates has talked to about his value to the NFL after the last two years.  Has he been talking to the aquarium guy or the cable guy?

I wouldn't necessarily throw Riley into that mix as complicit; he was hired to be a Yes Man, and not much else. 

Perlman and Eichorst certainly wanted to mold the program in a certain way; it says a lot that there are also rumors out there that Eichorst wanted Diaco to succeed/replace Riley. 

Edited by Cdog923
1 hour ago, Geeboo07 said:

After watching the games how do you feel about his effort and draft stock? 

• Mavric changed the title to Nick Gates