• Announcements

• Mavric

*NEW* Husker Football Commits - DE Casey Rogers, RB Miles Jones, WR Dominick Watt   01/16/2018

Huskers get a commitments from   Avon, Connecticut Defensive End Casey Rogers Fort Lauderdale, Florida Running Back/Wide Receiver Miles Jones Hollywood, Florida Wide Receiver Dominick Watt   See the 2018 Class   Who's Next?
    • Mavric

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup   01/17/2018

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup is now live! Click HERE to read the rules, and look in the Contest Crib for nomination and voting threads throughout the next several weeks.   This is a great opportunity to say "thanks!" to your fellow HuskerBoard members for keeping you informed or entertained throughout the past year. Nominate your favorite HuskerBoard member today!
Red Five

The board’s broke

There was a new SSL certificate installed yesterday afternoon and whoever did some "reconfiguring" so that everything used HTTPS.  That seems to have messed a bunch of stuff up.

I have tried to message them back saying it is causing issues but haven't heard anything back yet.

I noticed there were some things you can't sort on the Leaderboard page, but that's all I've seen. What else is broken?

Can't navigate between pages in a thread. i.e. if you're on page 8 and want to go back to page 7 or 6, can't.

Status update comments- can only see the last 3 comments. When click the more button get a warning asking if you're sure which does nothing either way.

Those are the things I've noticed.

I can't see embedded tweets in any posts. 

Clicking on the star/dot isn't taking me to the last unread post in a thread

Can't give +1s.  Or you can, but once you do and then refresh that page they are gone.

I +1'd Mav's post responding to my post.  But when I came back to this thread it had vanished.

11 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Can't can't can't.....we need to focus on what we can do :P:lol:

Disparage Nick Gates?

I don't know what to think.  The guy who emailed us about renewing the SSL certificate doesn't think it would have done any of this.  But it seems really odd that it seemed to break at about the same time.

Here's my list of stuff that doesn't work.  Let me know what needs added:

- The Next/Prev Page navigation buttons at the bottom of threads don't work

- You can only see three status update replies, even if it says there are more

- Some of the Moderator tools (move/merge) don't work.

- You can't insert a link into a post

- Reports of the +1 function not working

- Tweets not embedding

- Editing posts

On Chrome, if I click the little shield icon in the address bar and click "Load unsafe scripts" then most of all that functionality returns, if that's helpful.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't know what to think.  The guy who emailed us about renewing the SSL certificate doesn't think it would have done any of this.  But it seems really odd that it seemed to break at about the same time.

- Tweets not embedding

On the next page thing, if you right-click and choose Open Link in New Tab, it'll go to the next page.

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

- Tweets not embedding

Can't edit posts.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can't edit posts.

I can edit posts but it takes me to a different page instead of doing it inline.  Do you not even get that?  Or what does it do when you click 'Edit'?

26 minutes ago, Landlord said:

On Chrome, if I click the little shield icon in the address bar and click "Load unsafe scripts" then most of all that functionality returns, if that's helpful.

I tried this and it changes the address bar to say Not Secure but it doesn't seem to fix anything.  :dunno

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I can edit posts but it takes me to a different page instead of doing it inline.  Do you not even get that?  Or what does it do when you click 'Edit'?

When I click "edit", the little circle spins like it's trying to work....but it never does anything.  FYI....I'm using Safari.

I think a lot of things are back. Page navigation works.  I'm able to give +1s again (see post above).  I can sort the leaderboard.

Thanks muchly to whomever fixed this!  :thumbs

Yup, looks like tweets are back, status updates lets you see all the replies, and the "take me to last unread post" feature is back.

Thanks!

It looks like the issue is resolved. It probably had to do with our host trying to help and configure the whole site to load differently, which probably broke a whole bunch of stuff. 

I'm still having trouble posting pics/memes.

"There was a problem posting uploaded file. Please contact for assistance."

2 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I'm still having trouble posting pics/memes.

"There was a problem posting uploaded file. Please contact for assistance."

Can you post the link to the pic you're trying to post?

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Can you post the link to the pic you're trying to post?

Yeah, that seems to work. I use to just copy & paste the pic not sure why that doesn't work anymore.

Tweets seem to be broken for me starting yesterday (or possibly before). I see them but as half-cutoff text instead of how they've normally been displayed.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, RedDenver said:

Tweets seem to be broken for me starting yesterday (or possibly before). I see them but as half-cutoff text instead of how they've normally been displayed.

Tweets still not working correctly for me.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

The favicon has disappeared in the last day or so. 

What's a favicon?

And weirdly enough, the +1 shows up as if I've clicked the button but doesn't increment the total. But if I refresh the page, my +1 has been added, so pretty minor since it's actually working.

4 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

I can't read tweets; I mean, they won't embed properly.

You should just have to past the URL into a post.  But it has to be in plain text so right-click and Paste as Plain Text.

If you paste a URL that isn't plain text, there will be a ribbon message that pops us at the bottom of the reply box that asks if you want to paste as plain text.  If you click that, it will work.

You have to give it a second to start resolving.

I'm having the same problem as Red is above with rep points. I'll give one & it just turns green & says "+0" until I refresh. Weird.

Also, last week notifications were screwed up for me. I'd get the red notifications indicator by the bell in the upper right, but when I clicked on the bell, it would just display old notifications I'd already opened up.

Just now, dudeguyy said:

I'm having the same problem as Red is above with rep points. I'll give one & it just turns green & says "+0" until I refresh. Weird.

Also, last week notifications were screwed up for me. I'd get the red notifications indicator by the bell in the upper right, but when I clicked on the bell, it would just display old notifications I'd already opened up.

I think several of the quirks from last week had to do with a version update to the board software that was partially done then failed and had things acting odd until it was able to be completed.

As far as the +1 oddity still going on, I haven't seen it.  Can those having the issue post Device/OS/Browser so we can see if there's a pattern?

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

You should just have to past the URL into a post.  But it has to be in plain text so right-click and Paste as Plain Text.

If you paste a URL that isn't plain text, there will be a ribbon message that pops us at the bottom of the reply box that asks if you want to paste as plain text.  If you click that, it will work.

You have to give it a second to start resolving.

I am not talking about posting tweets. I am talking about reading tweets on this board that others have posted. When I am viewing a page on which someone has embedded a tweet, the tweet won't load.

19 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

I am not talking about posting tweets. I am talking about reading tweets on this board that others have posted. When I am viewing a page on which someone has embedded a tweet, the tweet won't load.

Is twitter blocked where you're trying to read it?

Tweets just started working again for me this evening.

The +1's not updating correctly still happening. I'm using Chrome on desktop Ubuntu.

This might help with the Tweets issue. I noticed that the tweets are loading in two steps. First just text gets loaded, which is all I've been seeing for the last week or so. Then the image of the Tweet loads with all the associated graphics, which wasn't happening for the last week or so. So maybe there's a setting for bandwidth or speed of loading the Tweets or something like that that's causing the issue.

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This might help with the Tweets issue. I noticed that the tweets are loading in two steps. First just text gets loaded, which is all I've been seeing for the last week or so. Then the image of the Tweet loads with all the associated graphics, which wasn't happening for the last week or so. So maybe there's a setting for bandwidth or speed of loading the Tweets or something like that that's causing the issue.

With the Tweets, I would guess it was some combination of the in-progress board upgrade and the OS not handling it right.  Just a guess but I wouldn't put too much stock in anything that was going on the last week-ish due to the board upgrade.

And I do think you are right about the partial loading of tweets.  I've seen it do that before so if things are running slow for whatever reason it might do that.

The spoiler button is missing on the post box.  Could we get that back?

Also, is there an option to have the Rich Text/Plain Text button back?  It was on there when we first started using this version of the board, but it went away right away.